Monday, March 16, 2009

Waiting the day away...

Isn't that always fun? I know we are probably not going to hear from the doctor today, but miracles can always happen.

Summer is down for her nap up in the big blue bed. She always takes her naps up there when we are at the lake house. At night she sleeps in our closet floor, which she also does downtown. She is such a good sleeper. She's always been a good napper and I use those naps to get a little "me" time. That being said, I very rarely take naps in the day. This morning, when we got out here, I was SOOOO tired. Everything is catching up with me and I just needed a nap. Summer went to play with Paw-Paw while I laid down for a much needed snooze. I slept over an hour and a half. I really was tired and still feel like I could sleep a couple of more hours. But, I know that would probably mess up my sleep tonight.

Summer has been such a joy the past few days. I guess it isn't really anything out of the ordinary, but when everything is going great, you forget about the little things. The important things, like spending time together and having fun. Making happy memories. I have been cherishing every moment with her. Last night we went for an awesome bike ride and she played with sticks with her daddy in the park while I walked and talked. :) Had to catch up with some friends who I haven't talked to much over the past few weeks. Everything felt like it was back to normal. Whatever that is. Today isn't much different, but now I know the doctors are at work trying to figure out what this cancer is. Yesterday, they were with their families enjoying the weekend. Now, they are searching for the answer everyone want to know. The anticipation is starting to get to me. My stomach is uneasy. But, I am trying to chill out on this rainy day. I'm watching a chick flick while I blog. This is the life. This is MY life. Although it isn't perfect, I wouldn't say it is total hell. We have a lot to deal with over the next few months. and I know in the end life will go on so we might as well make the best of everyday, even the crappy ones.

4 comments:

Molly said...

That's pretty much how we feel--if it's a good day, then it's a little victory, regardless of what overarching problems we may have. Have fun!

Stephanie said...

Continuing to pray for your family. Glad you had a wonderful weekend together!

Losinthisdangfat said...

I hope the doctors tell you what type of cancer your daughter has soon so that you all can get busy treating as soon as possible.
I'm thinking of you and your family. :)

Bridgett said...

You have the right attitude and spirit. No matter how miserable it might get, make the best out of it...make everyday worthy.

XOXO