Thursday, March 5, 2009

Everything is NOT okay!!!!

Summer finally fell asleep while we were waiting on the results of her CT scan.


Then she got up and played yo-yo with Daddy & Memaw.
Well, I don't really know exactly how to say this, but Summer has cancer. This morning we went to the dr. who sent us to have a renal ultrasound done, but left us with the hope that Summer just had pin worms. It turns out that is not the case. My little girl has cancer. They think it is Wilms tumor, but won't know for sure until they remove it, her right kidney and some lymph nodes tomorrow. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so scared right now and sad and a million other emotions. How did this happen to me? First my husband gets kidney cancer two years ago. Now it is my little girl. I just always thought I was the lucky one. I guess I couldn't have everything, but I never imagined my world would come crashing down like this. I feel so lost. Definitely not in control like I was yesterday. I am almost at a loss for words, but here I am blogging. I guess I am hoping it will make me feel better and let me get some of things off my chest.
Why did this happen to her? She is so wonderful and amazing. So smart, loving, funny. Everything I could ever want in a child. Why??????????????? (It's my turn to ask now, LOL)
I never even imagined that it could be something this major. The doctors have been very reassuring telling me it is highly curable, at least 90% of the time. I haven't done any online research and I'm not sure I am actually up for it. I mean, whatever happens, happens. It is all in Gods hands. So tonight I am casting all my cares upon Him because I know He cares for me. I just hope He has the same plan as I do, but that's probably a long shot.
Please keep my family, especially Summer, in your prayers because we need them right now.

18 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Oh my God Jennifer. I am speechless. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. You and your precious little girl will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated. And give Summer a big hug from me. If you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to e-mail me.

p.s. I just wanted you to know that I answered a few of your comments about JumpStart but I guess they went to an e-mail address you don't use, so e-mail me at js9406@gmail.com and let me know what e-mail address you do use so that you can get an account set up. Maybe it will give Summer something fun to do while she's dealing with all the yucky doctor stuff.

Tiffany said...

Stephanie sent me over to say a few prayers for your family and Summer! I have a little girl around her age and I absolutely can't imagine finding out something like that. Be strong and pray a lot for her. I will be doing the same for her!

Molly Joe Levi Indigo said...

We are thinking of you Jennifer. You are in our prayers.

~Ann~ said...

I am sorry to hear about your little girl. :( Words cant express what you must be going throught right now. I found you via stephanie and althought I have never read your blog before, my thought and prayers and with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Still Praying for you all.

Jennifer Anchondo

lmt1073 said...

You and your family are in my prayers. Cast your fears on God and he will see ya'll through this. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do for ya'll. Until then, I will keep praying and waiting for the great news that you will deliver us... that Summer is healthy!

Bridgett said...

Oh, Jennifer. I feel sick. I am so sorry to hear this news. This is not what I was expecting. You must be devastated.

But keep your chin up. I'm going to call my mom right now and get a prayer chain started for Summer. I'm not an overly religious person myself, but my family is...and they'll call everybody in their church to pray for your beautiful daughter. I'm just speechless and a little numb.

We're all here for you. Please keep us updated, sweetie.

XOXO

Cindy said...

Bridgett sent me... I am so very sorry to read this news about your little girl. You will be in my thoughts & prayers, and I will check in again to see how she is doing.
Wishing you and your family the very best ~~ Cindy

The Mama said...

Bridgett and Stephanie sent me here, to send prayers your way. My heart aches for you, but kids are strong and you will get through this.

D said...

Get well Summer! Jennifer I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

Your family is in my prayers and so is sweet little Summer.

I'll also put it on my prayer chain.

Nelishia

Happy Being Me said...

My thoughts and prayers will go up for positive results for your little one, bless her heart. Take care of you and yours,
Katie

Tricia said...

I'm just getting onto blogger and had to come see you. Jennifer, I'm SO SORRY to hear about little Summer. I will be praying for you all, and hopes that everything will be ok. Please let us know how things are going. Many hugs and tons of love to you and your family
XOXOX

EmilytheCreative said...

I was sent here by two bloggers that I read. I am so sorry to read the news about your daughter. She will be in my prayers as will you and your family.

Slapinions said...

I'm very sorry and wish her the best. She'll be in my prayers

Stephy said...

I was sent her by Bridgette and I just have to say you will be in my thoughts!!

Monica said...

I can't even imagine ...

Summer is in my prayers and I will get a prayer chain started over here for your beautiful daughter and of course the rest of your family.

Bridgett sent me over.

Monica

kimmyk said...

Hi, I don't even know how I found you. I clicked on a link that took me to a different link that brought me here.

I am sorry to hear about your lil' girl. My heart goes out to you as a mother and the helpless feelings you are going through right now.

Stay strong.
Sending prayers your way.