Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

My little angel is still sleeping although I have a feeling she will be waking up in the next few seconds since the nurse just came in to check her vitals. She is very fearful of anyone she does not know who comes into the room, but who can blame her? Thankfully, we have the same nurse as yesterday so she isn't a stranger anymore.

She had a good night's sleep last night although she did pee in the bed. I think she was just so tired that she didn't want to wake up or move and I know her body needs all the rest it can get right now. It is amazing she hasn't woke up yet and they've already taken her blood pressure. Anyways, she also peed in the bed last night while watching TV. Of course, she apologized when she told me. She is in so much pain she does not want to be moved from the bed to the potty. Maybe I will see if I can get her into a diaper later, but for now she is naked as a jaybird (except for socks) and has been since her surgery. The girl WILL NOT let me put any clothes on her at all.

She drank and ate little yesterday. She does like to crunch ice, like her daddy, so that helps with getting fluids in her. She is still on an IV so they are not really worried about her getting dehydrated anyway. I hope she will eat more today. All she ate yesterday was a chocolate chip cookie, two bites of muffin, a handful of goldfish and some orange sherbert. Healthy, huh? LOL Her breakfast is waiting for her - pancakes, frosted flakes, an orange muffin and fruit cocktail. I am anxious to see how much she will eat.

We are not managing her pain very well, but I realize now that should be my top priority so I am watching the clock and trying to order her medicine before the pain takes over. It is a bit of a struggle to get her to take, but Iam pretty good at negotiating. I better get off here because it looks like she is waking up. Let's hope she eats!

There is a possibility we will go home today, but I am thinking it will probably be tomorrow. We'll see what the dr. says. I just hope it doesn't take all day for her to show up. My relief will be here in a few hours so I can go have a break and take care of myself for a little while. I owe so much to my mom and Tre. I don't think I could do this without them.


4 comments:

Bridgett said...

Sounds like she's handling everything pretty well. I can tell you from my experiences with adult patients...nephrectomies are painful. So she's a little champ. Not surprised she's peeing the bed either. Between the pain and being completely uprooted and thrust into a hospital setting, kids often regress.

Don't worry about it though. It's small potatoes. :)

I hope Summer has a good day and don't forget to take some good time for yourself too. You've got a long road and Summer is going to need her mommy healthy and fit.

Chin up.

XOXO

Stephy said...

Glad she's doing better.
Keep your head up.
Hugs to her and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way!!!!
Em
from Australia

~Ann~ said...

I am glad that she is doing better but sorry to hear that she is in so much pain. Poor baby. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I hope she is well enought to go home soon. I bet she will recover faster in her own bed.