Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Daddy time / Me time

Summer is in the bedroom having a little daddy time right now. I, too, am having daddy time. My dad and I are watching Thelma and Louise in the living room. Clint ditched us because he has seen the movie before and does not need to see it again! lol I suggested to Summer that her daddy might watch Barney with her if she went to the bedroom. He suggested right back that I might watch it out here, but I informed them I was watching this movie with my dad. So, without further ado, they trotted off to the bedroom. I grabbed my laptop because anytime I try to get on it, Summer wants me to hold her. It is like she is trying to control me or something. If I say no, she puts her thumb in her mouth. Then she might say something like, but mommy I have my thumb in my mouth to see if she can get her little body (which is not so little anymore) up into my lap. Sometimes it works, or I make a compromise and go do something with her other than holding her in my lap if I already said no. I try to say what I mean and mean what I say. It is hard sometimes, but I know consistency is important. She has to learn boundaries and I am doing a pretty good job of teaching her (if I do say so myself).
She has been so polite lately saying "please" and "thank you" and "yes ma'am" at all the right times. Makes me proud.

She is still peeing dark, rusty/red pee. :( It looks like we will be going for more testing when we go back next week. I pray that it is nothing, but I must admit I am getting a little worried. I saw her name on a prayer list for my aunt's church. It reminded me of when Clint's name was on that same list. Crap. That sucks. God worked a miracle on Clint though and I know He is watching over Summer too. It is too bad I have a conscience too. I was going to try to get insurance for her, but when I saw the application it looked like I would be writing a bunch of stuff that wouldn't look good to the person who got the application. So I decided it wouldn't be worth it if the insurance didn't cover it since it would be a pre-existing condition. I am not absolutely sure they don't cover pre-existing conditions, but I have not sent in the enrollment form nonetheless.


Well, my little girl just came back into the room. The first thing she said when she saw me was, "Hold me." LOL I told you that is what she does when she sees me on the computer. Well, she also informed me she is hungry and would like another bowl of the chili I made yesterday. She REALLY likes it. This will be her 5th or 6th bowl!!! I had some friends over last night for it and it was yummy! So were the chocolate chips cookies I made afterward. They were gobbled up shortly after they exited the oven. Summer had 4 or 5 of them. She is just like her daddy. I think he and she ate the most of everyone. I guess I know the way to their hearts. Now I better get up before she sucks her thumb off. HAHAHA

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Thelma and Louise...awesome movie. :)

I do hope little Summer is feeling better soon. Please keep us updated.

XOXO