Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thank God for rainy days!

We are having a pretty good rainy day so far. Summer has been a couch potato today, but I don't blame her. She got sick an hour or so ago, but was ready to eat more just a few minutes later. She asked for more strawberries and an orange (which she decided to save for later). That was her second meal of strawberries today. I am guessing that strawberries do not taste that bad coming up because she was ready to eat more right after she got sick. LOL She also had a bite of my pizza, but didn't ask for another.

She asked for "frofel" a few minutes ago. So, we had a little phonics lesson. I showed her the word on the bottle and spelled it. Then I told her that "P" says "puh-puh." Then she said, "Propel." Wow, it worked! Hooked on phonics worked for Summer. LOL

I don't guess she is ever going to watch Bambi all the way through. This is the second time we have cut it on and she has barely watched any of it. Bambi's got nothing on Barney. She wants to play Land of Enchantment right now so I must go do that. I'm sure I'll be back if she lets me. :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's been raining here too and I was wanting a couch day...tell summer to get me some couch time :) Keeping you all in my prayers!

Stephy said...

Rainy days can be good.
Glad she's doing well.
Stehy

Bridgett said...

Parker's having a lot of issues with phonics right now. He can site read perfectly, like most autistic kids, but he's having a hard time making the connection between the letters and the sounds they make.

::Fingers crossed::

I'm sorry to hear Summer's getting sick, but at least she's eating. That's something!

XOOXO