Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally some good news!!!

We got the test results and there is no tumor in Summer's bones or brain!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

The pathology will still not be back until probably Tuesday. So, we are still waiting, but we can breathe a little easier now. Time to enjoy to enjoy the weekend!!!

Also, the Dr. called St. Jude for a referral. They do not have any open protocols for rhabdoid tumors. So, if in fact that is what we are dealing with, we will be staying in Chattanooga for the treatment. We may have to go up to Vanderbilt for a few of the radiation treatments, but the rest of the treatment can be done here. :) I am glad that I tried to seek other help for Summer and am comfortable leaving her in the hands of TCTCH now. Apparently that is what God wants for us.

I am so glad to have some answers now. I feel better. I am not giving up on my competition dreams yet. I will have my family and friends here to support me during the treatment. I am on cloud 9 right now.

Well, I've got my sister's kids tonight so I better wrap this up. We are heading down to the aquarium in a few minutes to a Dr. Suess birthday celebration. Then we are going to pick up Lexie and have a big slumber party. I see cookie making in our future and maybe even popcorn. Fun, fun, fun! That is my motto for the weekend!

Thank you all for your prayers, but don't stop yet. Our battle is just beginning, and we are going to fight with all of our might!



P. S. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found out about your little girl today & I just wanted you to know that my family is praying for her and your family. My son was diagnosed with Hepatoblastoma in January of 2008 & Praise God he is now cancer free. I have been where you are with the mixed emotions, but always remember to trust in the Lord and let Him strengthen you. Nathan had all of his treatments at TCTCH and the doctors and nurses there are great! Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. - April

Bridgett said...

EXCELLENT NEWS!
I think it's about time you guys got some good news.

Enjoy your weekend and give Summer a hug for me.

XOXO

Stephanie said...

Alleluia!!!! I've had Summer on my mind today and am so relieved to hear the news! I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend with tons and tons of cookies!!!

Keeping your family in my prayers!

The Stallings' Clan said...

Glad to hear (or read) that you finally received some good news. Enjoy your weekend!

Stephy said...

Oh that's great news!!
Congrats!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you got some good news for a change. My prayers continue for your baby girl! I added your button to both my blogs, so others can send you some prayers!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

YES!!! I am so happy to hear that!!! Please enjoy your weekend, you all deserve tons of fun.