Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sleeping peacefully

Summer's fever was 101.4 about an hour ago. So, more Tylenol for her. It has been up pretty much all day. The few times it was under 100, I think maybe it was not in the right spot under her arm. Usually she lets us take it in her mouth, but the past day she has preferred her underarm. Not sure if that is because she doesn't want to give up the thumb or because maybe the sores in her mouth are hurting her. The sores are from the Vincristine, I believe. I have been trying to get her to swish a few times a day with the mouthwash they gave us, but I still haven't gotten the recommended 4 in.

I believe the only thing she ate today was what I mentioned earlier - a few bites of candy bar. Not sure if that is due to nausea or mouth sores or what, but she is not acting hungry. The only thing she has had to drink is a few sips of water. Thankfully, the IV is keeping her hydrated.

They also did another blood culture since she is still running a fever 24 hours after the first culture. So far the first one is negative. Yay! But, she is still not feeling good with the fever hanging around so I am curious as to what is causing all this. Of course, we may never know for sure.

I hope she sleeps tonight. She has slept almost all day, except for probably 4 or 5 hours. They said that her fever will eat through her platelets so I imagine she will need more tomorrow. Who knows what the new day will bring? I'm hoping for a playful little girl, but I will take whatever I get. I am just so thankful that God has allowed me to mother this wonderful child. She is truly a blessing from above!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying for you and your sweet girl! Hope tomorrow is a better day and she's her happy playful self again!

Krissy said...

Praying that little miss Summer feels better soon!

Molly said...

Let's trade--I'll give you a child with the ability to gargle and you give me a child with negative blood cultures?

We hope that Summer feels better. If our son weren't being such a cranky little man, I'm sure he'd wish the same.

Erin said...

Hang in there sis, you are doing a great job with Summer! It is nice when they need you...and it is also nice to get a break too. I am praying that you will be able to get a break soon, it's amazing what a shower and a little time alone can do for a person. Like you, I feel sooo helpless in situations like this...I wish I could do more! Sorry I haven't been able to visit yet, this last week of school has been really hectic. Nonetheless you all continue to be on my mind, in my thoughts, and in my prayers. I love you guys so much!!! Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING, you know I am always happy to help. I Love You!! Tell Summer that I love her too! Hope to see you soon.

Bridgett said...

Yes, she is.
She's amazing.

But so are you.
You two deserve each other. :)

I hope she's feeling better tomorrow. Poor baby.

XOXO

Stephy said...

Aww hope she sleeps and eats some for ya!

Stephy