Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

Summer is up eating a pb & banana sandwich. She actually slept until after the sun came up today (7:15 a.m.). Yay! Sounds like Daddy is up and bugging Summer already. I am thinking about taking Summer to see her great grandad today. He hasn't been doing well lately and she is feeling well enough to go visit now so I hope he is up for it too. We might also take a trip to the playground or somewhere else fun in Trenton. Oh the choices....NOT. The town is pretty small and we could either go to the playground or a state park as I see it.

Yesterday, we went to the zoo with our friends Selena, Willow, Mo & Mason. We had a picnic lunch before we toured the zoo. Summer rode the carousel once while we were waiting on the other kids to get there. Then after the zoo, she rode it twice. Her friends wouldn't get on it with her, but I don't think she minded. She really likes the carousel. I am thinking of taking her to Lake Winnie on Sunday if she is up to it and her counts are up. She hasn't been there since she was a baby, and they will be closing up for the winter soon.

We also have more fun scheduled this weekend at Camp Agape. They are having a children's fun day which is for childhood cancer patients and their families. SpongeBob is supposed to be there. They have a gingerbread house full of candy for the kids to fill their bags with. Horseback riding, fishing, petting zoo, dunk tank, face painting....it should be fun for sure! They are also doing fireworks, a hay ride and dinner the night before. We could camp in one of their cabins on bunk beds, but I don't think I could sleep through other people's snoring and noises. We may take a pop up camper if they will let us. Already got the call in.....

Summer's belly has been hurting the past day or so, so she is back on the Zophran. She is still eating good although she will ask for some things and eat only a bite or two which is a little frustrating when you are the one who ends up finishing most of the stuff she doesn't eat. Not too good for the figure, but I am still doing the P90X dvds in the hope that exercise without dieting will still do my body good. :) I have only missed one day so far which is pretty good considering I was working out once or twice a week at the most. Summer only bugs me a little when I am doing it. It is not too annoying except during yoga when you are supposed to have a clear mind, but I am so worried she is going to start climbing me like a piece of furniture I can't clear my mind with her in the room. Or she starts singing. Or sniffing my arm pits. LOL So, anyways, at least she is eating. Now she is working on eggs and angel food cake. Her first piece since we made it two days ago. Half of the cake is gone and guess who is responsible for that. Should be an easy guess. ;P Apparently, she only likes the brown parts.

We go back to clinic tomorrow. It is supposed to be a zoo in there because they are closed today due to a COG conference. We have the earliest appt. (8:30 a.m.) and I think we might just be 15 minutes early to make sure we aren't stuck in a long queue in the waiting room. Last time our appt. was at 9:00 a.m. We got there at 8:55 a.m. and were behind at least 6 other patients. I hope her counts are up. She is very tired of the shots. She is happy to have only "one more spend the night" for chemo and "one more shot" round (usually around 20 per cycle this late in the game). We are on shot 13 for cycle 7 today. I don't really think we will make chemo next week seeing as how she should have another week of shots if the trend holds. Plus, the doctor said the heart protectant they used last cycle can also cause her blood counts to remain lower longer. Oh well, only one more cycle. PTL!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

This weekend sounds like fun!!!! Hope you guys get there early enough in the morning that you don't have to wait long...what a pain that is waiting in the doctors office!

KK said...

What a fighter she is, one more cycle, woohoo!

Bridgett said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me!

I'm so thrilled Summer is almost finished up with everything. yay!

Molly said...

I'm so excited that you're almost done (we continue to pray) with everything! How annoying that the heart protectant messes with the bone marrow. One of David's BP meds does the same, so he gets blood almost once a week. And of course you know that the Neupogen shots interfere with platelet production.

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer! Hope that you have a good weekend!! Keeping you in my daily prayers.

God bless

Debbie/Angel_Wings