Friday, May 26, 2006

A Helping Hand

On Wednesday night, Summer's big sister Amanda offered to take care of her all night.  I was a little hesitant at first because she had never even changed one of Summer's diapers, but I figured if she wanted to, I would let her.  Plus her dad thought this might be a good form of birth control for Amanda.  So, I pumped some extra milk before I went to bed to make sure she would have enough for the night.  Amanda did not wake us up all night for help.  I was surprised, but I was also glad.  I only got up one time the entire night.  That was a first for me...even before I got pregnant I was up more times than this.  I slept pretty good and did not go and check on the baby once...even though I did wake up about 3:00 a.m. wondering if she had eaten.  I sent Clint to check on that since I knew she should have eaten again already.  She had, so that put my mind at ease.  I woke up around 7:00 and had to go pump.  I was having withdrawal from my baby, but I decided to leave her with Amanda until I had gotten ready for the day.  Amanda came down stairs while I was pumping (she had just finished feeding Summer).  She sat down and talked to me for a few minutes about how her night went.  She said Summer was up for 5 hours straight and did not go to bed until around 3:00.  She also said Summer kept spitting out her pacifier every 5 minutes.  All in all, I think she had a good time keeping her even though she did not get very much sleep.  I went up to Amanda's room and got Summer around 9:30 after I had gotten myself ready for the day.  Amanda slept until 1:30 p.m....

No comments: