Tuesday, May 2, 2006

The Carseat Ordeal

I tried to get the carseat installed and ready for when we leave the hospital.  I'm still not sure it is in there right.  I used the latch system that they have now, but the carseat seems to move a little too much for my comfort.  I know when Clint and I went to the Baby Care and Safety class the instructor told us where we could go have it checked.  But, of course, I wasn't listening.  At the time, I was like "Yeah Right!  Who does that anyway?"  Now I am like, "Man, why wasn't I paying attention?"  I haven't gotten Clint to go out there to look at it yet so I guess I need to see what he thinks.  I am also not sure whether or not I am going to put it in the middle of the back seat.  I know they say it is the safest, but it doesn't really fit right.  The way our back seat is, the middle seat back sticks out a few more inches than the side seats.  Plus it seems like it is going to be difficult to get the carseat in and out with her in it.  So, I guess I still have some figuring out to do where the carseat is concerned. 

I am trying to finish up my 2nd baby blanket before Saturday.  My fingers keep hurting though so I am not sure if I will make it or not.  It is not really for this baby anyway.  It is for our next child....if we have another one.  I figured I won't have time to make one once Summer gets here so I might as well do it now.  One thing I have learned about crocheting is that it is much easier (and MUCH less time consuming) to make booties and bonnets than blankets.  I bet I put over 50 hours into the first blanket, and this one is probably not much less.  It will probably be the last blanket I ever make.  But, it will be worth it when it is all done.  Okay, I guess that is enough rambling for now.  Less than 84 hours until we got to hospital..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer ! I had asked how you were doing and Lindsay told me about your journal. I just read this one and know exactly what you mean. Try to get Clint to actually get into the car seat on his knees and put all his weight in it and then pull the straps tight ! It is not the most comfortable position for us to be in but that is what we do every time we move the car seat to get it to tighten up to our satisfaction. Hope this helps and I wish you all the best of luck and Congratulations !!  

Jennifer Anchondo

Anonymous said...

Aww…That’s a beautiful story! What a wonderful idea to renew your vows in Jackson Square!

Anonymous said...

About the car seat, mjg5530 is right. Get your husband to put his weight down on the seat and pull the straps tight. That is what worked to get Nadia’s tight enough. And if you are still not sure our hospital told us we can ask for a nurse to come check the seat before you leave so may be your hospital would do the same. Good luck!