Monday, May 15, 2006

My First Mother's Day

Summer & Mommy
My little doll
Still sleeping...
Melody, Granny, Summer & Pepaw
Summer & Sandra

Yesterday, Summer and I went to my Aunt Sandra's house to spend Mother's Day with family. Clint came too after he got off of work. We had a really good time visiting with everyone. Summer was passed around and around and around all day long. Everyone was admiring my precious little baby all day. She was really good...of course she was asleep most of the time.


One funny thing did happen. I was changing her diaper and my Aunt Melody said something about her peeing. I was like, "She's not going to pee." Then she had to go and prove me wrong. She peed all over the mat I had her on (which did not soak up the pee...I think it must be waterproof...LOL). I guess I should've put a lap pad on top of it first, but I'll know next time. The pee went all the way up her back, so I had to change her clothes. When I got home, I changed her diaper and she did it again. Thankfully the lap pad on my changing table soaked it all up!


Last night I got a little emotional on Clint. He gave me a card from Summer that was really sweet. It was really a birthday card for a mom, but he had crossed out the word birthday and wrote 1st Mother's Day. He said he couldn't find a Mother's Day card he liked, but I think he just found the birthday card aisle first...LOL. Then we started talking about Summer, and how sometimes you never really know what you want until you get it. It made me happy because I can see how much he loves Summer and how much she means to him. I know exactly how he feels. He told me he is happy that he will have her to love him when he gets old. We are so lucky to have her in our lives. She is truly a gift from God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is just too precious! You must be so darn proud! Reading your journal makes me want my baby really bad! *trying to be patient LOL You guys look soo happy!