Friday, May 5, 2006

Getting Ready for the Big Day






Tomorrow is the big day! I can't believe it is finally here. I have been getting my house ready all week. Today I am finishing up all the laundry and making sure I have everything I need for the hospital. I've got clean sheets on my bed (watch my water break tonight...LOL) and the baby's bed. I think I have just about everything done. I believe I will finish up the baby blanket tonight. I don't have very much left on it--YEAH! So far today is flying by...where have all the hours gone? It is almost 6:00 already. In less than 12 hours I will be getting up to go to the hospital (if I can sleep tonight :) ). Actually this whole week has gone by pretty fast. Last week everyday was soooo long, but since Tuesday everyday has gone by quickly.


I am pretty nervous about tomorrow. I have a lot of emotions right now...I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I would say I am more on the verge of tears, but I don't really know why. I guess everything is coming to an end...or a new beginning. I'm going to be a mom tomorrow!!! That thought scares me. I hope I am ready for this new life. I guess I better be because ready or not here it comes. I feel rushed all of the sudden like there are not enough hours left in the day. I guess I need to just try to relax. Everything is going to be fine, right?


I wonder how my labor is going to progress. Long, short, or somewhere in between? Clint is hoping I will have the baby by noon, but that is highly unlikely. We will see. We found out that Clint gets to pick Amanda up Sunday (unless the baby comes around noon tomorrow) and bring her to the hospital for a quick visit with her new sister. I am happy about that, and I know she is too. Clint talked to an administrator at the school this afternoon and he said that Amanda cried because she was attached to the baby and wants to see her. So, I am glad she will be able to. She is excited about finally being a big sister.


This afternoon Clint and I went to look at a few houses that are for sale. I really liked the last one we saw. It was perfect...at least to me. Clint worries that taking on 14 acres might be a big task. He is a city boy and I am a country girl, so we have different views on it. Needless to say, with 14 acres we would have complete privacy. It is a horse farm, so it is not like we would have to mow 14 acres. A lot of it is pasture land. Anyway, it is like my dream house...and it is only 10 minutes from downtown or Hixson. I'm not sure what will come of it. Probably nothing, but it is fun to think about.


The dryer just went off, so I guess I better get back to work. Everyone keeps telling me I should be resting today, but that is easier said than done. Maybe in a few hours........


Here are some pics I had Clint take today. Tomorrow is the big day! I will finally get to see my precious baby's face!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say good luck, but I have been offline for a few days. Anyway, it is now Sat. afternoon so you probably have your little one. I hope all went well and hope you are all happy and healthy. I can’t wait to hear your story! Congratulations!