Friday, May 12, 2006

The Journey Begins

I'm not sure where to begin.  We brought Summer home on Monday.  Everything has been great...except some of the nightly feedings...LOL  We gave her a lotion bath on Tuesday which was not too bad.  She did cry, but she did not scream the whole time.  I will probably give her another bath this evening.  She is sleeping a lot, but not as much as she did in the hospital.  Two nights ago, I had two 1 hour long feedings which was not fun at all. The next morning I called my mom and she said it is time to give her a pacifier because she is just using my boob as the pacifier.  So, yesterday we tried the pacifier.   She is still getting used to it, but it is working.  When I was looking at buying a pacifier, I was thinking they were kind of expensive.  But now, I think I would pay $100 for one.  It is my new best friend.  I was really hesitant to give her one at first because I just wasn't ready to go there.  My mom assured me that it was better than letting her find her thumb.  She reminded me that I can take the pacifier away, but not the thumb.  Other than that, nursing is going pretty good.  

Summer is so precious!!!  I love it when she opens her eyes so I can look at them while I talk to her.  Those are the best times right now.  Well, she just fell asleep so I'm going to hop in the shower while I can.

No comments: