Saturday, May 13, 2006

It's Getting Better Everyday



I just finished giving Summer her 2nd bath. I put her footprints in her baby book, but I have not done her handprints yet. I don't know if I am going to use the same ink pad as I did for her feet (I got it from the hospital) because it is hard to get the ink off after you are done. She even has some on her legs from where she was kicking her feet a little...oh well. I guess eventually it will wear off. This bath was easier than the first because I did it while she was asleep. So, no crying at all--YEAH!!!


She is so adorable it is hard to take my eyes off of her for fear that I will miss something. I know I have to savor every moment because she is going to grow so fast. It is crazy how much you can love someone in so little time. I never imagined it would feel like this. Being a mom is so wonderful. It is kind of weird because instead of calling my husband Clint, I call him Daddy. He hasn't said anything about it...I wonder if he even notices. I'll have to ask him.


Last night was our best night yet. She slept at least 2 hours between each feeding and almost three and a half hours once. I put her in the bed at 5:15 a.m., and she did not get up until about 8:30 or so. :) I am also getting used to getting up with her so that makes it a lot easier too. The first few nights were pretty rough, and I started doubting myself. But, I am getting the hang of it now. Well, I best be getting back to her before I miss out on something.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet her! You will have to send me some pics, from the ones I have seen already, she looks so adorable. It is still are to believe you are actually a mommy.
Lindsay O.

Anonymous said...

She is sooo adorable!