Sunday, April 30, 2006

Trying Natural Ways to Induce Labor




My cousin Lindsay sent me a link to a website that has many ways you can try to induce labor. I had read about some of them earlier in my pregnancy, but now is the time when I am really paying attention to them. I have tried many of them and a few more that I have heard from various people. Thursday night a lady told me she ate chili both times she went into labor with her kids. Well, yesterday I made chili, spicier than usual, but nothing has happened so far. Today I am going to try eggplant. I have heard that some people go into labor within 24 hours of eating that. I guess we will see. I am still not sure how exactly I am going to prepare it. I have never cooked eggplant, but this morning I headed to the grocery store and bought some. I am thinking I will make cheese ravioli with ground beef & eggplant in the sauce. I told my husband this morning that we were going to be having eggplant today, and he said he would just eat the leftover pot roast...LOL. I bet he will eat some of it though if it is in a pasta dish...IF I decide to let him have any. I may decide I need to eat it all so my chances of going into labor will be greater. ;)


Last night I went to my friend Alicia's baby shower. It was neat because all the women in the room who already had children shared a birth story with everyone. It was very interesting to see how each birth was SO different. One lady went into labor with her first child and delivered 30 minutes after she got to the hospital (20 minutes with the second and 10 minutes with the third). Another lady was in labor for 24 hours with her first (14 hours with her second). So, I guess it could go either way...long or short. Any way it happens, I am ready...at least I think I am. Only two days until I find out if/when the doctor plans on inducing me. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the website? I would love to try to induce myself in a few weeks. haha I love eggplant by the way. Your pasta dish sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and congratulations! I am pregnant with my second in Tennessee!

I have heard that eggplant parmasean (spelling?) is the dish that does it. Anyway, I have recently been reading on this, too, and found out that pineapple and mango both contain an ingredient that has actually been shown in labs to help. THe others are old wives' tales! Maybe try eating that!!