Tuesday, April 25, 2006

2nd to Last Doctor Visit--YEAH!!!

I am 37 weeks today!  YEAH!!!  That means less than 3 weeks to go!  Today when I weighed at the doctor's office I had gained 1 pound since last week.  I am up to 151 pounds now.  I am happy with that weight...especially since Clint is taking me for icecream whenever I want!!!  I'm taking all I can get right now since I know I don't have much longer to take advantage of this. :)  My stomach measured 38 sonometers (???).  I asked the doctor if this was the normal size, and he said that it is normally 34-35 at this point.  So that is why he thinks Summer is a big baby.  I am 1.5 centimeters dilated and 30% effaced.  So, that is better than last week.  He also said the baby has dropped a little (-2 vertex ???).  I go back next Tuesday, and at that time he will know if/when he will induce me.  He said he is on call next weekend, so it will probably be then.  That means I may be having Summer on May 6 or 7.  I would prefer not to have her on May 5 since that is a holiday -- Cinco de Mayo.  She will probably choose that day to come though since I have said that.  I guess I will just have to wait and see. 

I washed my car today hoping that might bring on labor, but so far I'm not having any contractions...at least I don't think I am.  I'm still not sure what they feel like.  Sometimes I have pain in my abdomen, but I'm never sure if it is Braxton-Hicks or just a pulled muscle.  I would say it is more than likely Braxton-Hicks because I haven't been overdoing it with exercising (at least not in my opinion).  Well, I guess that is about it.  If I get induced, only about 10 days to go.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You must be so excited! I wish I had an exact date to look forward to. It seems like it would be easier to get through that way. Well, good luck and let us know if something happens.