Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Visit with the Doctor

Today I went to the doctor for my 35 week check up.  I was hoping the doctor would check me to see if I am dilated, but he said he will do that next week.  I weighed 148, so I was really happy about that.  That means I have only gained 1 pound in the last 3 weeks.  So, today I splurged and ate a bunch of junk.  I made myself an angel food cake and have eaten almost half of it.  Clint came upstairs while the cake was in the oven and asked my who I was making the cake for.  I said, "Me."  He said nobody makes a cake for themself, but I told him I did.  I had a grapefruit, peach yogurt and a piece of cake for supper tonight....YUMMY!!!   Anyway, back to the doctor visit.  When he was measuring my stomach, he told me I was going to have a big baby.  That scared me a little bit.  I told him I hope she is long and not fat, but I have been eating a lot of junk lately which doesn't really make you taller...LOL.  I asked him if she would probably come early since she is big, and he said if everything looks good with the baby he can induce me a week and a half before my due date.  At that point, she will be fully developed.  I hope to go into labor before then, but like I said before it is not up to me.  He said by inducing me then, it would save a half pound to a pound in her weight gain.  I don't know though.  I guess I will just wait and see.  I am anxious to go to the doctor next Tuesday so I can see what it going on down there.  35 days and counting.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there, I stumbled onto your journal, just thought I would say hi
Jess

Anonymous said...

I came across your journal. Wouldn’t that be wonderful to deliver a week and a half BEFORE your due date. I am 31 weeks tomorrow and I can’t wait to see her sweet little face. Well, take care. My journal link is http://journals.aol.com/vssunnyad/SunnysSaga/ if you want to check it out.