Saturday, April 8, 2006

Our Childbirth Education Class

Today we went to our Childbirth Education class.  We decided to take an all day class rather than a 5 or 6 week class.  Clint and I both learned a lot...I just hope we can remember everything.  The class started at 8:30 and ended at 3:30 and was packed full of information.  We learned several breathing techniques and lots of different positions to use during labor.  I think these are the main things we will use when the day finally arrives for us to have Summer.  Thank goodness all the positions are in the Lamaze maganize they gave us so we can refer to them when we are at the hospital.  I will have to make sure I pack that in our bag...which is already in the car.  After today, I realized there are a few more things I need to put in there anyway. 

I think I am going to take the breastfeeding class that the hospital offers too.  There is only one this month, and it is next Saturday from 9-11.  I have a baby shower at 2:00, but I think I can get to the class and be back in time to get ready.  I really want to do the class so I can be as prepared as possible.  My friend had a baby a few months ago and didn't take the class so I'm sure I would be fine without it.  But, it can't hurt to go and learn something. 

After our class, we went to help sort through everything that was left at the consignment sale so the people who brought stuff that didn't get sold can come and pick it up tomorrow.  They were really happy that I brought Clint to help.  I swear he is the best husband.  He didn't complain at all about helping and did a great job too!  They made sure to get my address so they can get in touch with me in the fall when they have their next sale.  I guess they thought I did a good job helping...and were impressed with Clint helping out too!  I had a good time helping them this week especially since Clint started back to work.  It gave me something to do when otherwise I would've just been sitting around waiting for him to get off.  It is always hard for me to get used to him working again when he starts back every year.  I am so used to having all, or at least most, of his attention since he is off for a few months.  I'm sureit will take me another week or so to get adjusted.  At the end of the day, I am so anxious for him to come upstairs so I can see him and get some love from him.  He doesn't really understand because his day is full of work, and he is just hungry and ready to get in the bed.  But, my day consists of just working out in the mornings and straightening up the house in the afternoon.  Lately, it is has been more resting in the afternoon though...LOL.  I guess my body is wanting me to get rested up so I will be ready for the baby.  I guess I'm going to get back to watching TV with Clint.  38 more days.....hopefully less ;)

No comments: