Tuesday, April 18, 2006

36 weeks down...4 to go

Clint and I went to the doctor this morning.  I was scared to get on the scales because of all the junk I have eaten over the past few days.  I was right to be scared.  I gained 2 pounds since last week.  So, I am going to try to eat healthy this next week and see what happens when I go back on Tuesday.  The doctor did check me, and he said I was dilated 1 (ONE) centimeter and not effaced at all.  I was disappointed.  Yesterday, I was really wanting to have this baby, but she is not cooperating with me.  I hope this is not an indication of what I have in store for the future...LOL.  I think I will give up thinking I am going to have her early (without an induction).  Me and my sister have always been pretty much opposites, so why should pregnancy be any different?  She had her babies early; I will have mine on time (or early if the doctor decides to induce me).  I guess I can't always get my way.  It is just frustrating because all I can do is sit and wait.  The days seem longer and time seems to be going slower.  I think it is because Clint is working now so I have a lot more time to myself now.  I have been watching some baby shows over the past couple of days.  Whenever the mom delivers the baby, it makes my eyes tear up.  I wonder if I will cry when I see Summer for the first time.  If I had to guess, I would say I will.  I guess that is it for now.  28 days and counting...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh I love the baby shows on TLC. I DVR them so I can watch when I get finished working (I work from home) and I totally tear up when those little babies are born. I am sure I will do so when Sloan is born. It will be a very emotional time!

Anonymous said...

It was nice, very informative. I knew nothing about breastfeeding walking into the class, but it taught the proper way for the baby to latch on and other things you will go through while you body gets used to nursing. I think you guys would enjoy it. They actually recommended The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins. I went ahead and ordered it today. You can never have enough baby info! Haha!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, just commenting on your most recent journal.  I am so excited for you.  I was watching E! this morning and it was talking about all of the celebrities having babies, and i thought hmmm.... I wonder how jennifer is doing.  So i read about all of your exciting adventures of being 36 weeks.  I hope she comes sooner than later, I cant wait to see her, i know she will be beautiful.  Cant wait to see her!
Love Lindsay