Friday, July 31, 2009

Quick stat update

Summer had gained almost 2 pounds since Monday (31.7 lb). Her white counts were at 10.1 and her ANC was around 5000 which is definitely enough to stop shots and start back on chemo. We actually stopped the shots on Wednesday (last one). We are ALL always happy when it is that time again. Too bad she always has to start them back the day after we are done with her inpatient chemo. Her platelets were too low to start chemo, but not low enough to get any more at 53,000. Hemoglobin was acceptable at 8.5. Hopefully, those numbers will continue to get better over the weekend so we can get cycle 6 started.

We should be going in on Monday for admission with chemo starting on Tuesday which, btw, is the day my best friend will be giving birth to little Harper. I've already got my relief planned so I can be there to hold the new baby when Selena (and everyone else) is tired of her. LOL Wish me luck! I'm sure there will be no shortage of free arms.

Thank you for all of your prayers! Please pray for all the kids with cancer as there are so many who are suffering. Oh, and have a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just love newborns....so yummy! Thinking of Summer...hope you all have a great weekend!

Susie said...

Praying all things go well on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Molly said...

We learned recently that while Neupogen is being given, platelets are slow to recover. I had no idea until recently.

Bridgett said...

Good luck today! I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short around here. LOL

I wanna hold a newborn too!!! :)