Wednesday, July 8, 2009

No sickness yet

Summer is up and watching Mickey Mouse clubhouse. When she woke up, she said, "Are we at home?" I said, "Yes." Then we laughed because we were still in the hospital bed. She's been pretty smiley this morning. She is trying to eat some Fruit Loops, but it doesn't look like she is eating much so far. Yesterday she ate really good until she went to sleep. I am wondering how she will manage today. Last time we were on this cycle, she threw up twice on Day 1 (yesterday) and twice on Day 2. So far we have had none of that. Yay!

She was up to 33.2 lb. on Monday when we checked into the clinic. That is so awesome because I'm pretty sure she got down to about 29 last cycle. Thank goodness for Fudge Rounds and powdered donuts! Now, if only I could keep myself away from those donuts. :)

Yesterday, she was a little puffy in the face, but nothing that seemed to really concern the Dr. Her ins and outs were about even so I'm not sure what is up with that. She still looks a little puffy today.

Only about 25 more hours for the chemo to pump into her and we will be getting out. I can't wait. This place is just no fun. I remember trying to make it fun in the beginning and it is at times, but the days just seem so long and unexciting. Yesterday we had lots of visitors (Curious George, Misty the dog, cousins, friends, and grandparents) which was really nice. Made the day go a lot faster. Thank you to everyone who came by! It really means a lot.

Hopefully today will be like yesterday. She seems to be tolerating the chemo better every cycle so that is good. It's no fun seeing her feeling sick and puny and so far there has been none of that. Thank the Lord!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome news that she's feeling good right now! Praying for that to continue!!!!

Those powdered donuts are soooo yummy! I have a hard time staying away from them too..that's why I don't buy them from the store because I know if they are here I will attack them :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hope today is a good day, again. I keep thinking about her and hoping for lots of good news...

Susie said...

Glad to hear the good news. Praying things still will go well.

Bridgett said...

Wow...this is certainly good news! As usual, I'm late getting here...but hopefully nothing has changed since this was written.

Big hugs.

XOXO

Stephy said...

Hoping for the next few treatments to be good for ya!!

Stephy