Monday, July 20, 2009

Mouth sores are no fun!

We are home. Summer hasn't had a temperature in over 48 hours so we were good to go even though she is still only eating chicken noodle broth and icing. She did have a couple of bites of yogurt with her allergy med mixed in this morning, but it was not a happy couple of bites. When we got home, she told me her belly was hurting so I gave her some Benadryl. She watched Barney then Veggie Tales then took a nap. We will probably stay at home the rest of the day. I am cooking dinner and we may ride the bikes later if she feels like getting out. If not, we I will be cleaning her room.

Her mouth and belly still hurt. She started swishing again last night when I realized how bad the mouth sores were hurting her. I looked in her mouth and all I can say is "YIKES!!!!" I hope they clear soon so she can eat more foods. She tried a hot dog yesterday, but couldn't eat it. She even got to where the icing hurt her mouth. To top it all off, she COULDN'T suck her thumb. Misery. It must have been hurting pretty bad because that thumb has been in her mouth all week! She got some morphine for that pain last night and then drank a lot of broth....like 3 cans worth. Yay for morphine!

She is not feeling well right now. Complaining of belly pain, but watching cartoon on the couch. I have a couple of fun crafts when she is up to it, but today will probably not be the day. We are back to the clinic tomorrow for the last chemo for cycle 5. Then we will hopefully have the rest of the week to "party like rock stars." LOL Next week we are back in for cycle 6. Unlike most, I can't wait for this summer to be over. That means we will be just about done with chemo which is where we all want to be.

8 comments:

Susie said...

I will never complain about a cold sore after seeing what that poor baby has to go through.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Poor Summer! I hope those sores are gone, soon. I can't imagine how painful that is for her.

-*aMaNdA*- said...

aww. poor baby.. i wish i cld take her soars away frm her. id take them. shes going threw so mch. such a tough lil grl :) tell her i love her and cant wait to c her tmrw?

Stephanie said...

Bless her heart! I hope her mouth is better soon!

Kristi said...

Your poor sweet girl! My heart aches just thinking of what she must be feeling. I hope and pray her belly aches and mouth sores go away quickly, and that this next chemo will be easy on her. She's such a trooper, and you are just the best mommy for her! I continue to pray daily!

Stephy said...

Oh the poor girl! There's nothing that can help the mouth sores go away quicker so she can eat? Bah! Yay for Chemo being almost over.

Stephy

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Poor, poor baby girl...

Bridgett said...

You're almost there.
The cycles are dwindling.

I feel horrible about the sores in her mouth. :( But, the good news is, they'll heal with time.

Hang in there, girls!