Monday, July 13, 2009

400th blog post about my beautiful baby girl

This morning I was looking at my beautiful baby girl, I mean big girl, and noticed some new growth on her eyelids. Little, blonde, baby eyelashes. I wonder if they will darken up as they grow out. I also noticed that she is down to 1 long eyelash on the right eye and 2 on the left. I just love looking into her big brown eyes too. They are so deep and rich, like good chocolate. (okay, that was slightly corny) Her tan face is surrounded by straggly blonde hairs, mostly at her hair line. There are a few other hairs on her shiny, tan head. It just amazes me how shiny your head is compared to the rest of your skin. She looks so healthy right now. If it weren't for the lack of hair, you wouldn't be able to tell anything was going on with her. I am so thankful that she is doing this good.

We will probably stick close to the house for the rest of the week. Her counts are dropping now and risk for illness is going up. We do have an appt. at the clinic tomorrow for a push of Vincristine and a count check. Hopefully, it will be a quick visit. The past few weeks I have noticed it taking less time for these appts. Of course when you are there for admission, you spend the whole day in the clinic waiting for a room. Luckily, we have two more weeks before our next admission....for chemo that is. A fever would land us back in there too in which case we would probably bypass the clinic and go straight to a hospital room. I looked at my calendar the other day and it looks like we may actually finish up with chemo by the end of September. We haven't had too many delays in her treatment. Everything has gone pretty much as expected, if not better. I don't think I could ask for anything more than we have received from God. I believe He is going to let me keep my baby. That's what it is all about.....believing. Putting your faith in His hands and letting Him take control.

Oh what a journey is this thing called life!

Update: Jayden went to be with the Lord yesterday afternoon. Please keep his family in your prayers in the days and weeks ahead. I can only imagine what they are going through at this time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Summer is doing well ! Hopefully, she will stay fever free this time!

My heart is broken for little Jayden and his family. I will be lifting them up in prayer. Is this the little boy you were telling me about at the hospital last week?

Jennifer A.

Stephy said...

Oh so happy Summer is doing good! September's not too far away!

I feel horrible for Jayden's family..
So sad.

Stephy

JC said...

Yes, it is the same little boy I told you about last week. It is heartbreaking.

I'm hoping for no fever too, but I'm ready for whatever comes my way!

Susie said...

Great news about Summer. September will be here before you know it. I heard about Jayden. That is so sad for that family.

Bridgett said...

Awww...new hair! That's exciting news. :)

I'm thrilled Summer is doing so well and looking so healthy. Yay!

XOXO

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sweet baby girl... I am glad to hear she's doing well. I hope it continues and that the summer passes with no events other than healthy days for your daughter.

My heart for Jayden's family... The pain they must feel, even as they experience the joy they wrote about in knowing that he is with God and painfree... I cannot comprehend how much that must hurt to the core... They have my thoughts.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I'm so glad to hear she is doing well! I will pray for no fevers so you all can get a few weeks of normalcy.

I somehow missed what happened to Jayden, I will go check that out now.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like Summer is doing great! I'm amazed by your strength....you guys are so blessed to have each other!