Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Platelets today, blood tomorrow

We are at the clinic now waiting on platelets. Her white count is .2, platelets are 17,000 and hemoglobin is 7.?. So, she will need blood too. They are going to wait and give that to her tomorrow though so she doesn't get too much fluids going in. That is fine with me because it takes about 3 1/2 hours to get blood and only about 30 minutes for the platelets. Of course, that is when they get here.

So far still no fever. She is starting to get nauseous I think. Last night she had a bite of chicken noodle and gagged it right back out. Today she is hungry, but she says her belly hurts really, really bad. She keeps trying a bite of different foods, but nothing seems to be good enough to keep her eating it. One bite is usually all she will eat. Except for M&Ms. She has had that along with 1/3 of a Pop-tart today. I am thinking it is nausea and not actual pain. Her belly has been hurting less than usual, so that is good. Maybe we have a good medicine regimen going for that. She is still on Zyrtec for allergies and Zantac for belly pain. I give the latter to her in lemon yogurt every morning, along with probiotics. She is also on 1/2 a serving of Miralax a day. I have not been giving her the Doc-o-lace they put her on last week to help soften her stool. I think the Miralax is doing a good job and she can't swallow the co-lace pills anyway. The shots are still going too. Looks like we will probably be on them until next week at least. She still doesn't like them too much.

She is in her "infusion room" now watching Barney. It is one she hasn't seen before, if you can believe that. She has now added it to her Christmas list. Oh yeah, she's already got a list for Santa started. LOL So far we have "Fly me to the moon," "Alvin & the Chipmunks," and now Barney "Round and round we go" on it. I can only imagine how big the list will be by December. :) I am thinking there is something else I am leaving off, but I will wait for her to remind me. We have also watched "Alvin & the Chipmunks" at the clinic this morning. I am hoping the platelets get here soon so we can get out of this place and go see my aunt. She is hanging at the pool today and we might just join her. Summer won't be able to swim though because they are leaving her port accessed since she has to come back for blood tomorrow. Right now she is fine with that because, as you know, she doesn't like for it to be deaccessed.

Tonight she is going to play with her cousins while I go play Bunco. I hope she is feeling up to that visit since she is kind of on the puny side now. They usually perk her right up, so I am sure she will enjoy it even if she isn't feeling great. I am hoping she does not get a fever this cycle, but if she is I hope she gets it soon. We are supposed to go to Lake Winnie with Lana's Love on Sunday. She hasn't been since she was a baby and I think she will really enjoy it. Of course, that might be too much to ask. We have had a rather uneventful past two weeks. However it turns out though, we will deal.

I want to take a minute to thank all of my faithful commenter's. I really do appreciate all your support, kind words and virtual hugs. You guys always lift me up when I am down and just knowing you are there rooting us on is nice. I am also grateful to those of you who pray for us. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful support system. Thank you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just figured out that we could leave comments. It was great to see summer at church Sunday. I love to be in the choir and watch her during the childrens service.

Chuck

Susie said...

I know how you feel about watching Barney. My granddaughter likes him too. My daughter isn't crazy about me letting her watch him. Praying all goes well with all the treatments and blood. Don't blame Summer about the deporting it is always worse than the putting in.

KK said...

I read faithfully, but don't comment enough. Know I'm praying and look forward to your updates.

Stephanie said...

We have that Barney movie..it's cute. Honestly we have like 30 barney movies all stored away...maybe Caleb or Allie will like him one day. Jacob was obsessed with him when he was smaller :)

Hope you have fun tonight!

Bridgett said...

I'm way behind...I hope she's feeling better now. I'm trying to catch up but it's going to be hard because we're going camping for th weekend tomorrow. But you know I'll be around as soon as I can.

BTW, my kids love Alvin and the Chipmunks.