Friday, July 17, 2009

It's not C diff

Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!! But, we still don't know what is wrong with her. I am just so thankful it wasn't c diff (feel free to google if your curious). She is still fevering and nauseous. Her belly is hurting her "all over" she says. Usually when she complains of belly pain it is just in the middle above the belly button. Nothing has shown up on the blood cultures either. Of course, these ARE side effect of chemotherapy so it is probably nothing major, as usual. For the last 4 months her body has been infused with harsh and dangerous drugs so all of this stuff she is experiencing is just part of being treated for cancer. Oh what an ugly word that is!

I hope she is feeling better when I see her today. My mom spent the night last night so I had a break, but I couldn't stop thinking about Summer so it wasn't too much of one. It is hard to separate yourself from the disease, even for a little while, and just go on living a fun, happy life....trying to pretend everything is okay. Even if you want to, there are going to be days when you just can't have fun and be all smiles. Please pray for us to have the strength to put a smile on our face in the days ahead. Seeing sick little girls and boys just breaks my heart. What did they ever do to deserve this???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer This is my first time visiting but I will be back often. I hope you are feeling better today. Please know that I am thinking about you and keeping you close in prayer. MJ/Angel_Wings

Susie said...

I am glad your mom gave you a break last nght. I know what you mean about still thinking about what Summer was doing. It is hard just relaxing knowing what they are going through.

Molly said...

thank goodness it isn't C diff! Not that we really noticed anything different when The Boy had it. Generally, C diff will happen as a result of other abx which also irritate the stomach. The good bacteria are compromised and C diff makes itself at home. Be VERY careful about handwashing and ask the same from the medical staff, and hopefully Summer won't pick up anything. Hugs for all of you! Grandmas are awesome!

Bridgett said...

Seriously, thank Goddess it wasn't C-diff. I've had it before and it was the most incredibly painful thing I've ever experienced.

I hope she's feeling better today!

XOXO