Wednesday, February 10, 2010

NED -- WOOHOO!!!!

The results are in for the scan and they are great! Praise God for letting my baby be cancer free!!! I still don't know how the ECHO turned out, but it isn't as important to me. Maybe I'll get those results tomorrow. For now, I am celebrating the fact that she is cancer free. Yes, I know I am repeating myself, but I'm happy to say those words over and over and over again. I could never get tired of her being cancer free. What a blessing she is in my life. She makes me want to be a better person, a better mom, everyday I am with her. Even when I am away from her as I am now. My mom said she was a pro at all of her appointments today. She only shed one tear during the port accessing and my mom didn't even have to struggle to get her shirt off. Amazing, because that has never happened with me. Usually when I go to pull the shirt up, the struggle begins. Luckily, the guy who did the CT scan goes to our church, so Summer was familiar with him and I don't even think she had anyone holding her hand (or in the room) during the process. I'll have to verify that with my mom tomorrow. I'm so proud of my baby and missing her sooooooo much right now. What I wouldn't do to have her in my arms right now. She'll be getting lots of hugs and kisses when I get home. I just wish I knew when that would be. Maybe tomorrow because Clint says he's done with the treatments, but maybe he'll change his mind. He's only gotten 5 of the 6 doses offered so far (he chose to skip his 10 p.m. last night). Plus, his bilirubin and creatinine are getting high so they might just cut him off soon anyway. He's almost as yellow as a banana. In his mind, he is. He says the banana just looks more yellow because of the brown spots. :p Despite the agony he goes through a few hours after each dose, we have both managed to have a few smiles and laughs this stay. So, for that I am also thankful.

11 comments:

Summer said...

WooHoo!! As I read this post I had tears of joy for you! That is EXCELLENT NEWS! You are such a great mommy and wife and you have been through soooo much and you deserve this good news....I hope more will follow! Hope your hubby gets good news soon....
Hang in there new bloggy friend
Always in my prayers
Summer :0)

Christina said...

Awesome!! I've been praying for all of you, and it's amazing to hear she's cancer free. :)

Katherine said...

I've been silently following. That's GREAT news. I'm so happy for you and Summer. Wow. Just amazing.

Susie said...

That is so great to hear the words cancer free. Praise God for the good news. I am still praying that Clint will come through ok.

Molly said...

w00t!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer! AWESOME NEWS! God is GREAT!!!

God bless


Debbie/Angel_Wings

Anonymous said...

AN INVITATION TO ALL PRAYER WARRIORS

T​he Prayer Warriors at Angel_Wings​
are holding a Prayer Vigil on Friday,
February 19th, between 8-9 pm EST for
all the families on our Angel_Wings​
Prayer Lists and our Angel families
of children, teens and adults who
have gained their angel wings.

Thank you for joining us!




Ange​l_Wings Prayer Warriors
Ang​elWingsReme​mbers

Bridgett said...

I'm so happy for all of you.
And I'm happy that Summer remains healthy and I'm happy that Clint is managing to keep a smile on his face.

:)

linda1019 said...

I am so excited for you! NED is the best news ever. As the grandma who often watches the boy for the logical mommy when needed, I can assure you Summer is in good hands and it sounds like she's having lots of fun. You and your family are always in my prayers.

Unknown said...

THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE
Helen Steiner Rice
It is sharing and caring,
Giving and forgiving,
Loving and being loved,
Walking hand in hand,
Talking heart to heart,
Seeing through each other’s eyes,
Laughing together,
Weeping together,
Praying together,
And always trusting,
And believing,
And thanking God
For each other…
For love that is shared
is a beautiful thing-
It enriches the soul
and makes the heart sing!
HAVE A WONDERFUL VALENTINE'S DAY
MJ/Angel_Wings

Anonymous said...

Thats wonderful news! Glad I found your blog and looking forward to hearing more positive news. I almost didn't recognize summer with her hair...she's so beautiful!
Mike McMahan