Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bedtime Prayers

Last night at bedtime, we were saying our prayers. We usually just do "Now I lay me....", and then I might say a more focused prayer. I never direct her or tell her what to pray for. Last night, Summer wanted to pray first and these were her prayers:

"Dear God, please help all the kids at the hospital to get better."

"Dear Jesus, I'm sad that Russell got sick and died. Now Betty will be all alone and she won't be able to eat with him."

She never ceases to amaze me.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I just love children prayers. They are so sweet and innocent.

Summer said...

That is the most precious thing I have ever heard!! Oh my goodness I have tears in my eyes! Your daughter is amazing! She is soooo bright and sunny (hince her name) all of us Summer's have lots of will power and are just happy go lucky people LOL, and she is such a fighter! You are an amazing mother!!

Kelcee says Now I lay me down to sleep everynight before bed too and we also sing "He's got the whole world in his hands" which takes FOREVER because she puts everyone in his hands including Clifford the Big Red Dog and Horton the Elephant LOL....

Have A Happy Wednesday
Summer :0)

KK said...

How precious.

Bridgett said...

Well that's certainly heart-melting.