Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 3: Crying and clinging

Yep, that's how drop off went on her 3rd day of preschool. She was happy when I picked her up, so maybe she was just a little jealous that Lexie was getting to stay with me. Hopefully, we won't have a repeat. Her daddy is getting to take her on Tuesday so it probably won't happen again. I hope she gets used to it soon. Otherwise, we might have to look into home-preschooling. It is just not worth it to me knowing she will have 13 years ahead of her going to school already. We've got plenty of workbooks here already too, but I'm hoping we will both be able to stay with it for the whole year.

Gymnastics went good today. She's really enjoying it. Her hair was all sweaty at the end of the class and she was ready for a drink. She was excited to wear her Hannah Montana leotard and even posed for me a few times....with Lexie too. She is really warming up to Lexie, and it is sweet to see her caring for her more. Maybe some of the jealousy is fading and she is realizing that she's still got me anytime she wants me. We have been lucky to get to spend a lot of time with Lexie this week so maybe she is also just getting used to her being here. Anyway you look at it, they are forming a bond which makes us all happy.

Tonight, she is spending the night with one of her friends for the first time. I really hope it goes well. She seems pretty excited about it....too excited to nap. She laid down for about an hour and couldn't sleep so I finally let her get up and finish the rest of "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium." She requested I put it on our Netflix it the other day, and we got in the mail yesterday. This is the 2nd time she has watched it. She is going to take it to Willow's just in case they want to watch it. I'm doubting they will have time for it, but I never say never. Tomorrow she is staying with her cousins giving me an extra long weekend and her a whole lot of fun times. She is always excited to go visit them. I'm sure when I see her on Sunday though, she will be running back to my arms. And, they will be ready to pick her up and give her lots of hugs and kisses!!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

That is so heartbreaking when they cry when you leave them. She should get used to it in time. It's that she has been through so much and you have always been there for her. She is lucky to have you!

trinitystar said...

It is so heartbreaking when they first go to school ... and you wonder how they will cope without you. But isnt it so lovely when you go to collect them.