Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sleeping in ROCKS!!!

Oh how nice to sleep later than the sun! At night I tell Summer the sun is going to sleep. Sometimes when it is cloudy, I tell her the sun might not feel good so he is taking a nap. Oh the things we tell our children....well, I tell my child anyway. I have always talked to her a lot and maybe that is why she has such a good vocabulary. Even when she was too little too respond, I rattled on about everything like she could understand. I guess that is why I have such a talkative little girl. She certainly isn't like her daddy in that respect. :) Sometimes it is hard to get her to stop talking, but this isn't the case when she is on chemo. I can hardly get her to say a word. When you want them to talk, they don't. When you want them to stop, they won't. Why is it that it works like that??? I guess that is just another mystery in life that will remain unsolved. I am really glad to have my talkative little girl back. She has been super silly lately which is good because we all need the extra laughs we can get around here. Laughing is good for the body you know.

Yesterday I wrote about her nickname for herself. She has also nicknamed Clint and I - Pickle & Chicken. I get to eat the chicken out of her chicken noodle soup, therefore the name Chicken. I'm not sure where Pickle came from. She says, "It is because you are chicken and I am noodle." ????

Well, she wants to plant some seeds the Easter bunny left her so I'm going to go help her. Today has been great so far. I can't imagine that will change, but you never know.

5 comments:

Susie said...

I'm glad to see someone else talking all the time to their kids. I did the same thing with my kids and now my grandkids. It is sometimes funny to see their reactions on trying to figure out what I am saying.

Stephy said...

Kids are fun with there responses.
Sleeping in does rock!

Stephy

Bridgett said...

Ha! Ya gotta love her logic. :)

Glad all is well in your world today. May tomorrow be even better!

XOXO

Stephanie said...

Love the bond that you have with your little girl!!!! Keeping you all in my prayers :)

Tiffany said...

Glad you had a good day! I totally agree with you about wanting them to talk and they won't, and wanting them to be quiet and they won't. I wish I knew the secret to making it work when you wanted it to as well! ;)