Sunday, April 29, 2007

Where is my baby?

STOP TRYING TO WALK!!!  That is what I just said to Summer.  I did not yell as the previous sentence implies. In fact, she probably did not even hear me because she is good at ignoring me...LOL.  She has taken a step a couple of times this morning.  She can stand on her on in the middle of the room if she really wants to.  I have seen her do it a couple of times.  She is also standing, no hands, for longer and longer each time.  I know it won't be long now.  I have not been encouraging her walking at all, and it seems like she does not need me to.  She will do it when she is ready regardless of whether or not I am.   

She has also been talking up a storm this morning.  I can't understand much.  But, I know she has said "Tiger" and "Bye-bye."  It sounded like she was trying to say her A, B, C's a minute ago, but not the whole thing.  She will be talking in no time it seems too.

I woke up this morning and my baby was nowhere in sight.  I heard Summer a few minutes after I woke up and went to get her. When I opened the closet (aka her bedroom) door, she had turned the light on in her bed.  She sleeps in a pack-n-play here (at the condo).  She is usually always standing by the time I get to her, no matter where we are.  But, this is the first time she had the light turned on.  Yesterday morning, she had the music turned on; today no music. 

Anyway, I am getting off the subject.  Where is my baby at?  She did take her bottle, as usual.  I am really going to miss that.  I guess I only have one more week if I am going to take it away when she turns a year old.  Which is only 7 days away! 

I can't believe it is here already.  I have the decorations for her party.  I have ordered the cakes and bought the ice cream and drinks.  I'm not sure what else to serve.  Chips & dip???  I told Clint he is in charge of video taping during the party to which he highly objected saying, "Ihate doing that.  It is boring."  So, I told him it was up to him to find someone else to do it if he doesn't want to.  I am sure that is NOT going to happen.  I will have to do it myself, as usual.  He is a little like Summer in that he hears what he wants to hear...LOL.  I guess we are all like that sometimes, myself included.

Again, off the subject.  Summer thinks she is a funny little girl, always looking at me to see if I am going to laugh when she is being silly.  I guess if I didn't always laugh, she wouldn't expect it.  It is so much fun to have such a happy little girl to play with all the time. 

The word "No" has escaped my mouth numerous times this morning.  "No, don't put those head phones in your mouth." (repeat, repeat, take away headphones)  "No," don't get in the fireplace. (it only took once--Yeah me!)  I try not to say it too much.  But, "No" means "No."  I think Summer knows that for the most part, but I can see her testing me sometimes. 

Here are the new foods Summer had this week:  Grapefruit, Plum, Apple, Tangerine, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Salmon Patty, Yams, Soft Taco, Tostoda Chips, Ham 

Here are other things she ate this week:  Peach Cobbler, Pinto Beans, Sweet Potato, Yogurt, Banana, Strawberry, Cantaloupe, Roll, Green Beans, Carrots, Squash, Spaghetti, Ravioli, Baby Food, Oatmeal, Peaches, Lettuce, Tomato, Rice, Corn, Chicken, Bread, Crackers, Cookies, Ice cream, Milk-regular, chocolate, & strawberry, Applesauce

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable as always! So what is the theme of her party? Can you believe how fast they have grown? Sloan will be one in about a month and a half! I guess I need to start party planning too.