Friday, April 27, 2007

Dinner with my baby

If you would like to have dinner with Summer, you can via the photos in this post.  This is what she typically looks like at the dinner table/counter top.  Her plate also usually ends up empty like the pictures show.  I will usually fill her plate up with whatever we are having at home.  She will eat pretty much everything on it.  She does drop some food in her lap, but it is a relatively small portion of what is on the plate.  Sometimes she even eats the food out of her bib when her plate starts looking empty.  Meal times are fun.  I have to pretty much wait to eat until after I have gotten her meal going good.  I used to have to feed her everything, but she is trying to feed herself more and more.  Sometimes she won't even eat off of the spoon I am trying to put in her mouth.  She would rather do it herself...with her hands. 

I have noticed she is becoming more independent.  I guess that is a good thing.  She will play in the floor on her own until she sees me doing something that she wants to do (or doesn't want me to do....).  The laptop is a prime baby attention getter.  When she hears my fingers hitting the keys, that is her cue to stop what she is doing and come to Mommy.  She gets to see her picture on the laptop sometimes which excites her.  Right now I have a picture of Jack (our old dog) as my background.  So, she barks whenever she see him.  She never got to meet Jack.  Both of our dogs died while I was pregnant with her (I think).  I can't remember exactly when Jack drowned in the lake, but it was a sad day. 

Did I mention that she bit me the other day?  I was on the phone with a friend and she was on my hip (as usual).  The next thing I knew, she had bitten my arm.  I didn't know what to do, so I did nothing.  I hope this is a one time thing because I definitely don't want a biter on my hands.  She still just has the three teeth.  I guess more will be coming soon.  That means more teeth brushing...fun, fun, fun.

Tonight she is with my sister and her cousins.  I know they are having a good time.  And so will I when Clint gets here!

Here is a link that I read about disciplining.  Not that I am having a problem doing it, but I thought I would share it.  Wish me luck!

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/toddler/toddlerbehavior/1475318.html

 

No comments: