Thursday, April 26, 2007

Splinters & more

Summer has officially had her first splinter and then some. I was giving her a bottle yesterday morning (the only bottle she gets a day) and looking her over as usual.  So, I glanced at her legs and noticed a lot of scratches.  After further investigation, I realized there were also a LOT of splinters.  Not just one or two either.   I would say there were at least 20 on her legs and feet yesterday morning when she got up.  I felt like complete crap for letting it happen to her.  I just did not realize that our back porch is splinter heaven.  I don't know what I am going to do this summer because she LOVES the back porch. I am sure she would also like the yard, but it is so far away....right.  I thought about having her a play area in the front yard which is far enough away from the lake that I don't have to worry about her sneaking off and falling in. 

Yesterday I realized that I love where we live.  Why are we selling our house?  We are thinking auctioning it, but I am not sure yet.  We are going to an auction tonight.  Summer has been to auctions before, but this kind will be a little different.  They are selling houses not antiques and junk.  I hope she is well behaved during the auction.  We will see.  Clint suggested we get a sitter for it, but I really think Summer will be more entertainment for me than the houses they are selling.  So, I am not wasting babysitting on an auction.  Plus, my sister is babysitting Friday night.  She is a brave woman.  She'll have 3 kids running around her house tomorrow night; I guess one more isn't a big deal.  My nieces and nephew really like to play with/torture Summer.  I am sure they will all have fun. 

I really need to get some pics of Summer loaded on the computer so I can show you all the new and exciting food she is eating.  She will eat pretty much anything.  She just got done eating some cantaloupe and part of a poptart and is playing with her Weeble bus I got her.  She is watching a Baby Einstein video - World Animals.  We have been watching Neighborhood Animals at home.  I am tryingto get her to learn the song "Old McDonald."  So far, she likes the song, but can not sing it.  She does try to sing sometimes.  I can't understand a word of what she is "singing," but she is trying.  Okay, she just made a tiger noise and it was too cute.  This is only the 2nd time she has watched (if you can call it that) this video.  So, maybe she already knew how to make a tiger sound??? 

She is learning more and more words.  I think she can understand what I tell her; Amanda disagrees.  She still doesn't think Summer is saying "Dada."  She did play with Summer (if you can call it that) for a little while Tuesday afternoon.  She doesn't really play very well...kind of a boring big sister.  But, she is competing with a really fun mommy, me, so I'm not sure she had a chance in the first place.  According to Clint, I am too loud when I play with the baby.  I guess I just get excited because I want her to laugh and smile and I will get very silly (aka loud) to make it happen.  That is what I live for - making my people happy.  It is not always easy, but I am going to be happy if I can help it.  So, cheer up or go away.  Oh yeah, this is supposed to be about Summer. 

Now she has found her way over to the many bags by the kitchen table.  I am sure she is pulling everything out of them that she can...LOL.  If I can just get her to put it all back in, I don't really care.  She does a pretty good job of entertaining herself now.  But, when she wants Mommy, she wants Mommy.  Of course she still won't say "Mommy."  That may be her only downfall. 

It sounds like she has made her way over to her car.  She thinks she is so big when she pushes it.  She has been letting go of things and standing there a lot in the past few days.  No more steps, but like I said before, I am NOT ready for that.  I know it is only a matter of time.  She is getting her balance figured out; she just needs to figure out how to work her legs.

She has not gotten into the garbage can yet.  Just as I said that, I looked over and she WAS in the garbage can.  It looks like she got an empty lemonade can.  So much for not playing in the garbage.  I guess I better go tend to her.  I will try to get Clint to bring the cord so I can put up some new pics because I have taken a ton!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So were you able to get the splinters out? Was she still enough? Poor Summer! I would love to see new pictures of her. I take many of Sloan and Nadia too, but rarely have to time to put all of them up.