Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Her First Easter

We had a busy Easter Sunday.  Summer and I got up and made some cupcakes.  Then we all went to church in Trenton.  After that, we went to visit my Pepaw and Granny...then to my mom's for chili and an egg hunt.  We dropped Amanda off to visit her boyfriend on our way to my friend Christina's house.  After that we picked her up and went home.  I gave Summer her bottle and she went right to bed.  It was a very busy day, but we all had a good time visiting with family and friends. 

Today I took Summer to get her 11 month pictures taken.  I am a little late this month, but she had a rash on her face last week, so I waited until it cleared up...yeah that's the reason I'm late...right.  The pictures turned out really good even though it was time for her nap when we got there.  They took some pictures with a teddy bear which I thought was good because she has 3 teddy bears right now.  So, it was representative of an object that is currently in her life.  In a few pictures, Summer was laying on the bear with her thumb in her mouth...the way she does when she is going to sleep.  I didn't get those poses, but I did get one with her sitting beside the bear.  I was good today and did not go crazy on the pictures.  I was tempted to get a sort of collage with the bear pictures, but I refrained.  I walked out of there spending only $5.45, and I got a pretty good amount of pictures.  What a deal! 

While we were there, Summer said a new word - "tickle."  The lady was tickling her with the feather duster and said, "Tickle, tickle." Then Summer said, "Tickle."  She did it a couple of times so I am pretty sure it was what she was trying to say.  I don't know if I have written that she also says cracker sometimes, but she does.  She is learning more and more words all the time.  It won't be long and she'll be talking.  Is there any way to just pause life and keep her the way she is?  She is such a doll right now and I just want her to stay that way.  If I am lucky, she will.


Tags:

No comments: