Thursday, April 5, 2007

New Teeth

Summer is cutting her two top front teeth.  I saw a hole in the one on the right side of her gums last week.  It still has not broken through...at least not as of yesterday.  She will not let me touch her gums so I am not sure about today.  She started running a little fever this afternoon, so I gave her some Tylenol to bring it down and also help with the pain.  She woke up several times last night, but by the time I got to her room, she was already back to sleep.  My only guess is that her gums were bothering her.

She has not eaten very much today -- just a 4 oz. bottle, Dora cereal, a jar of Apple Delight, a cracker and half of a banana.  She has also drank about a sippy cup and a half of juice/water.  I gave her a frozen fish to chew on, but I don't really think she liked it.

We got her schedule off whack this morning.  She did not get a nap before Playgym.  I usually get her up early on Thursday mornings, so I can put her down for a nap around 8:30 a.m.  But, today I wanted to sleep in...if you can call 7:30 sleeping in...LOL.  She has been getting up around 6:30 in the morning all week, so it felt late to me.  I am not sure if the reason she has been waking up so early is because she hears Amanda getting ready for school or if it was because Leah was sleeping the same room.  It was probably a little of both. 

Leah, Summer's cousin, spent 4 days and 3 nights with us.  She was a big help with Summer.  The time really went by fast and I couldn't believe it was already over when my sister came to get her yesterday.  Leah can pick up Summer now...although I am not too sure Summer really likes it...LOL.  Leah is 6 and probably weighs a little more than double what Summer weighs, right?  We had a good time with her and I think Summer might even be getting lonely in the back seat now that no one is sitting by her now...maybe not.

I got her a bear for the car.  She has a bear that she sleeps with at home and one at the condo.  They are both brown and very soft.  We were at the Dollar Tree the other day and they had soft brown bears, so I got her one for the car. 

Summer has stood on her own a few times in the past week.  She is still not walking.  However, she did take one step about 10 days ago.  She will act like she wants to walk, but if she after she thinks about it she decides not to.  I am not ready for her to walk anyway.  I am happy watching her crawl around the floor for now.  Clint, on the other hand, says we are going to have to trade her in if she does not walk by tomorrow...LOL.  He really thought she would be crawling by the time she was 9 months old, but I guess she had other plans.  Her balance is getting a little better, but I think it will still be a few more weeks before she walks. 

Clint says she is not a baby anymore.  I am having a hard time letting her grow up, although there is nothing I can do to stop her.  I cherish the mornings and nights when I feed her a bottle.  I know I won't have many more of these nights, so I am really trying to make the most of the ones I have left.  Holding her in my arms and looking into her eyes always gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.  So, I am taking advantage of the time I have left.  It is so sweet when she lays in my arms for that short period of time everyday.  In a few years (at least 16...I hope), she probably won't want anything to do with me.

I hope I am doing a good job raising her.  I think about that sometimes and wonder what she will be like when she grows up -- respectful and loving -- I hope.  My mom really did a great job with me and my siblings.  We all have a lot of happy memories from our childhood, and I hope Summer can say the same thing when she grows up.  I think we are all good people, don't you?  :)  I hope I can do as good a job as my mom did and still does.  She is really a wonderful person which reminds me that Mother's Day is coming up so I need to let her know just how much she means to me. 

Summer's 1st birthday is also just a month away....time is flying!  I have started to plan Summer's birthday party.  I need to get the invitations and get them sent out in the next week or two.  I have already  bought the plate, napkins, cups, and some decorations.  I thought I bought the invitations too, but they were not in my bag when I got home (or on my receipt).  So, I will have to make another trip to the store.

I have been reading to Summer more this past week.  She does not pay attention to the stories, but she can hear them and that is what counts.  If she is paying attention to the book, she is trying to close it or turn the pages a few at a time.  I read her "If I Ran the Zoo" and "Bartholomew and the Oobleck" which are Dr. Seuss stories.  Did you know that?  I don't think I had ever heard them before I read them this week.  She has two big Dr. Seuss books which have several stories each in them.  They are really nice.  Last year I got Clint ( not Summer) "Go, Dog, Go" for Father's Day.  Summer will usually not sit through the entire book, but I am sure that will all come with time.  I also read her the book "The Rooster Can't Cockadoodledoo".  It is pretty cute too.

Well, my little princess is waking up so I better go give her some love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Clint -- she's still a baby! lol. Take each day at a time, she's growing quick but she'll still need you for the rest of her life.
--Stephane

Anonymous said...

Jennifer – from what I can see you are a wonderful mother!! I am sure Summer will grow up to be a loving and caring person, like her mom. She always looks as happy as can be!!