Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dirt

Last night Summer and I were on the back porch playing with a new toy I got her at the consignment sale (for $8) yesterday.  She was having a good time exploring everything and showing off for me.  As she was making her way around the porch, she found a flower pot (with no flowers...LOL).  So she stood herself up by it and checked out the weed that was growing it it.  I was taking pictures of everything she was doing trying to capture a small portion of her life so that I will never forget how precious she is.  Anyway, I decided to snap a few of myself...not the best idea, but maybe one of them was half way decent...maybe.  While I was snapping away, I noticed my neighbor walking over to see us.  Then I looked at Summer and she was eating dirt.  Let me say that again - EATING DIRT!!!  It was pretty funny and all I could do was laugh.  It was on her hands and face and inside her mouth.  It was one of those "priceless" moments for sure.  Of course she would not pose for the camera in all of her dirt covered glory, but I am hoping that at least one of the pics will do the instance justice. 

I am at the condo right now...our 2nd home.  It seems like I am here almost as much as I am at my house.  I think I am finally getting used to living in between two places.  The condo is definitely more convenient at times, but it is hard to make sure you have everything you need at both places---all the time.  Okay, so I'll stop complaining because I know you aren't feeling sorry for me anyways.  What I was getting at was that I can't put the pics up right now because they are on the computer at my house.  I had to empty my camera this morning so it would be ready for more pics.

I forgot that we have a playdate this afternoon at Lili's house.  I am hesitant to break the news to Clint because he is going to be all "What am I going to eat?  You are supposed to feed me."  blah, blah, blah...  What am I a cook or something?  I don't mind feeding him by any means.  Is it my fault that I have plans sometime which do not revolve around what he is going to eat?  If I am home, I will gladly cook him a meal.  But, when I am not, I definitely hear about it.  So, do I not go to the playdate so I can feed him?  I don't think so.  That is what canned soup, fruit and leftovers are for, right?  He will just have to fix it himself.  Enough about Clint.

I am excited about the play date because a lot of babies are going to be there - 5 or 6 I think.  I can't wait to see how they interact with each other.  It wasn't too long ago when they didn't even pay attention to each other.  I think things will be different this time.  But how different, I don't know yet.  I'll let you know.

I really racked up at the consignment sale yesterday.  I will not share how much it cost me, just know that it was a lot less than it would've been at a store.  She got a potty, an Elmo who pottys, shoes, shoes, shoes, 2 booster seats, a life jacket, diapers, and toys.  I also got a few picture albums and a really cool picture frame for myself.  I won't bore you with the details, just know I love consignment sales! 

No comments: