Monday, January 19, 2009

Dreaming of vacations

It won't be long until we make our journey across the country (via airplane of course) to the wonderful city of Las Vegas!!! It has been about two years since I have been there and that is a long time considering my inlaws live there. I can't wait to see everyone and of course play a little video poker. :) I am hoping I will be able to stick to my diet while I am out there. One thing I won't miss is the bread. It seems like the bread served at some restaurants in Vegas is hard and not very tasty. I don't think they have ever heard of yeast rolls. Anyway, I am looking forward to the trip and am anxious to start packing. I am one of those early packers. No last minute stuff for me unless you include stuffing phone chargers and make-up into the suitcase before you walk out the door. I am really excited for Summer to get to spend some time with her cousins. I think she will probably enjoy them and their toys!!!

She has been practicing telling the truth more and more. "Mommy, I'm gonna tell you the truth. And, I'm sorry." I know that means there is some sort of body waste in her panties. She has been doing really good about not peeing in the bed. She had a couple day streak of wetting the bed, but we may have it all sorted out now. It is crazy how many times kids seem to start relapsing. But, I know it is not just Summer. All my friends seem to be experiencing the same sort of issues on occasion with their kids. I am so glad to have so many friends with kids Summer's age. It makes me feel better about not having another kid because Summer has friends she can play with. Of course, all the girls that had babies the same year as me either have another one or one on the way. No pressure here though. LOL I get my fill of baby seeing my granddaughter. She is so sweet and innocent and very kissable!!! We got to spend the day with her yesterday. Hopefully we will see her again before we leave for Vegas, but if not it, I will be okay because her and Amanda are going with us.

Summer just came in here to tell me she had a good nap when she really did not sleep a wink but rather talked the whole 30 minutes she was in there. I haven't decided which way to go right now. Put her back in bed or let her stay up. After a quick verbal exchange with Clint, we decided he would put her back in bed. It is in all of our best interests if she gets the nap. I very rarely let her skip a nap unless we are out running around town. I can hear her protesting right now. "I don't want to take a nap!" Sob, sob, sob. Better now than tonight though.

Summer had her first Kindermusik class last Wednesday and she said it was her "best class ever." I was pretty amazed that she responded with those words when I asked her what she thought of it. She never ceases to amaze me. There is a workbook that goes along with the class that I guess I should look at sometime today so we can prepare for this week's class. Maybe we will spend some time on that tonight.

I have decided to hold off on gymnastics until the fall. I don't want to overwhelm her with too much at once. Or me for that matter. It seems like there are not enough hours in a day to get all the working out I need to do in. Or maybe I'm just not as motivated as I need to be. I guess I need to decide whether or not I really want to do this competition or not. Somethings are just easier said than done. If I do make it to the competition on June 14, it will be followed by a month at the beach. Of course, if I do not make the competion, I will still be going to the beach. So I'm not sure what that has to do with my decision to be in the contest. Probably nothing, but I just felt it was worth mentioning.

I have been trying to find the perfect house for us to rent and have just about settled on one in Clearwater, Florida. We have never been there, but it looks like it will be a nice place to go. It is close to Busch Gardens and even possibly we could go to Disney if we wanted. I know some friends and family will be coming down to visit us during our stay and I just can't wait for the vacation to start! A whole month at the beach. I hope we make lots of memories with Summer while we are there. I also hope she likes the sand this time. She has never really cared to walk in the sand when we were at the beach which has been many times. If she didn't mind the ocean that would be nice too, but I'd be happy just to see her playing in the sand. We will have our own private pool so maybe she'll turn into a fish while we are there. I am so, so excited! Wish we were leaving tomorrow! I am so fortunate to be able to do this. I am living proof that sometimes dreams do come true.

I said sometimes. :)

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

My daughter does the exact same thing. She's 4. She'll go for 2 or 3 weeks with no bedwetting at all...then she'll have 2 or 3 nights in a row where she pees the bed. Thank God for mattress protectors. LOL

My kiddos are both in gymnastics and absolutely love it...I highly recommend. :)

And a whole month at the beach? You lucky girl, you!

XOXO