Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas is in the air

The days are flying by and before we know it, Christmas will be here. We had Christmas with my dad's side of the family last night. Summer loved her presents: a light-up gingerbread train decoration, a Glow Station, an Etch-a-Sketch, and a sand art/stained glass kit. She enjoyed the last one so much, that she decided to spend the night with my cousins Alexandra & Tyler since they were helping her play with them. That was a first for her. Hope she let them sleep last night because when I left around 10:30, she was still in full GO mode. :)

Daddy played football with her and Jonathan
My Granny with her 3 great grandkids.Four generations...only one not looking.

One of our neighbors gave her a gift yesterday which she loved. He had a little direction from me since he asked what to get her. I had the perfect idea for him. She had seen this family of cats (Calico Critters) at the toy store across the river and just about begged me for them. I didn't buy them because they were expensive ($21.99 for 4 little, furry cats), but looks like she got them anyway. Now, she said they need a house. I told her she could use her other doll house and she told me "it doesn't have a swing and slide." Oh my, it will never be enough with her it seems. :) Maybe her birthday will bring her those accessories because I am all shopped out for her right now. But, she was happy with them and toted them to my aunts last night. She loves to take a toy with her (besides Teddy) pretty much everywhere we go. Teddy is a must because if she gets sleepy or upset, she needs him and her thumb. White bear is still in the car from accompanying us somewhere the other day. I figure I'll leave him in there until she asks to bring him up because several times we were on our way somewhere when I was informed we forgot him (or is it her?).

Her hair is starting to look a little darker now. Not sure if it is just the length or if her blonde curls are gone for good....or at least until she is old enough to choose to dye them. She won't have that option until she is a teenager though. I don't think she will care what color it is anyway. I don't either, but I am anxious to see what the texture will be now. I do miss that smooth head though. It was so kissable.

Here are some more pics from this past week:

Summer with Mickey Mouse at Make-A-Wish party
The magician made her a pink dog hot without even asking. Perfect!
She got to help with a magic trick!

Making Little Debbies (her gift from the Make-A-Wish party).

Look what the elf brought....
Tinkerbell Pjs!
She is really into bubble baths now so she had to rinse the bubbles off before she could get out.

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

She really looks like she's feeling so much better. And my goodness is she getting lots of gifts! LOL

I say good for her. She deserves them.

XOXO

Susie said...

I am so glad that she is really starting to enjoy life again,and you too. You both deserve it.

Krissy said...

I love how happy she looks! I hope your Christmas is wonderful!