Saturday, December 27, 2008

Time to clean up the decorations!!!

I am putting off getting my house cleaned up. Mostly because every time I do clean it up, it is a mess in no time. I did get the decorations out of Summer’s playroom yesterday. We did a little reorganizing and packed up some toys to send off to my mom’s house. We also hung her Dora canopy over her bed. She absolutely loves it. She still keeps asking if there are any more presents, but there are not. Not here anyway. We do still have to do Christmas with my best friend and her family. Summer got lots of presents, of course. I’ll give you a quick run down.

Panda bear (Rod & Cade), Dress, (Grandad & Ella), Pink light-up teddy bear (Billy & family), Pink pig and book (Mark & Leisa), Princess Bucket with lip gloss & pink kitty cat (Santa), Art Easel, supplies & t-shirt with pic of Summer & Shelby (Memaw &* Nanny), Baby doll set, paints, and fuzzy art board (Paw-Paw), Candyland Castle Game (Wade, Amy & Katie), Puppy Dog (Jeff & Laurie), Ballerina Barbie (Alyssa), Princess clogs, Cinderella shirt, food for her kitchen (which she said was her favorite present), mini race track, walking & barking puppy, and 101 Bible songs (Mommy & Daddy). I think that pretty much sums it up, but I am sure there is something I am forgetting.

Needless to say, the girl is spoiled!!! She just now came in here and asked for another present. I actually do have one more thing that I did not wrap up, but I think I am going to wait a while to give it to her. It is more stuff for her art supplies. She has so much to play with now. She has already been painting this morning. Now she is at her art easel. It came with magnetic letters and it is amazing how many she knows. A LOT MORE THAT I THOUGHT!!! She even knew what "Y" was which surprised me.

Our other kids had a great Christmas too! Josh especially was happy with his gifts which makes it all worth it in the end. He got a silver chain which he said he had always wanted. Woohoo! I think Amanda and Lexie had a good Christmas too. I gave Lexie her blanket that I had crocheted for her. I forgot to take a pic of the finished product though. :( Maybe Amanda will bring it over one day when she comes. Hint, hint ;) I think Clint liked all his gifts too. I got a hair straightner which I love! I had never used one before yesterday, but it worked like a charm even though it was rainy outside. My hair is still straight today.

We had a White Elephant party at our friends house last night which was a lot of fun. We made homemade pizzas and everyone loved them. Several people helped put them together and they were each different, but YUMMY! It was a good time for all and something we should do more often. Everyone can probably use more fun in their life and spending time with friends is a great way to do it. New Year's Eve is coming up and should be another great night!!! I can't wait!

No comments: