Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's coming to an end!!!!

I learned a few days ago that Aol is doing away with its blogging services at the end of the month.  That means I only have a few more weeks to blog on this website!  :(  I have just finished printing out the entire and journal and am trying to figure out what to do with the pics.  I wish there was some way to get them printed off without having to do it individually.  Maybe I will figure something out.  There is a possibility they will be able to move my blog to another site, but I haven't heard any details.  So, it seems as this journal may come to an end.  It all started on Sept. 17, 2005, and now three years later it may be ending!!!  I must say it really doesn't seem like I have been doing it that long though.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens now.

As for Summer, the reason behind this whole blog, she is growing up more and more everyday.  The endless "Why?" has started.  Along with that, she now informs me when she does not want to "be quiet."   lol  She does know how to whisper though which makes me laugh.  Sometimes when she is on the phone, I will whisper something for her to say and she will then whisper it to the person on the phone.  :)  Busted!  It is cute though. 

She is very independent.  She can put on her clothes all by herself.  She can use the bathroom all by herself when she wants to.  Although sometimes she still wants me to help.  I guess watching is a big help b/c sometimes when she does say "Mommy I need you to help me go potty," she really does not want me to help.  It is confusing, but I try to just go with the flow and feel her out.  It does feel good when she wants me to help even though I know she can do alone.  I know one day there will be a time when she probably won't want me to help with anything.  I dread that day and pray it never comes. 

I need to get an appt. scheduled to get some pics made.  I have a coupon for Master Portraits and mightgive them a try.  I wanted to get her pics taken in her ballet outfit and her Barney Halloween costume.  Then comes Christmas pics.  I got a green shirt for me the other day that looks like a Christmas shirt. Summer has a red and black dress.  Gotta figure out what Clint will wear.  I broke down and cut Summer's bangs all by myself the other day.  I must admit they don't look too bad considering she did exactly the opposite of what I told her to do.  ;)  It helps that her hair is not straight.  It is so wild you can't tell how crooked they are!  Really, they are not that bad though for someone with no experience.  They are not in her eyes anymore and that is the most important thing of all!  I do hope she will let me put her hair up for her pics.  It is so cute when she lets me put it in pigtails!  I just wish she would leave them in longer.  It seems like when I do get her to wear them, she ends up wearing a jacket which must be zipped ("all the way up!") and the hood must be on her head.  Let's just hope that trend continues as it gets colder. 

She is napping right now, so I best try to get things straightened up before Amanda and Lexie come over for dinner.  I can't wait to see my granddaughter.  Man it feels weird to say that! 

No comments: