Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First the gym, then the playground

This morning we were all late getting out of bed.  I didn't get up until 8:30 and Summer didn't get up until after 9:00.   I heard her open my bedroom door and then call out "Mommy."  I replied with "Summer Julianna."  She ran to me and we gave each other some good morning lovin'.  Then she told me she wanted to go to the playground.  She also said she wanted to have a picnic.  We have been doing that about once a week lately and I guess today was the day she wanted to go.  It was cute.  It is amazing how grown up she acts and she is only two!!! 

Shortly afterwards she wanted some breakfast, and she decided on a bowl of cereal and a glass of apple juice.  Today I did not have to run through a list of a million things, all to be shot down.  Yeah!  After she ate, she went and got her shoes on, grabbed her bear and announced she was ready to go.  I told her we had to go to the gym first which she didn't seem to mind.  I finished getting ready and we headed out the door to the Rush. 

She really likes going there now.  That is nice because now I don't have to listen to her cry as I leave her to go workout.  When I got back from my workout, she was sitting in the floor with her cup in her mouth, twirling it around and staring at the wall.  She looked like she was in some kind of daze, but quickly snapped out of it when she saw me.  She is always so excited to see me when I show up which makes me feel good. 

She was hungry, so we stopped to get some food to take for our picnic at the park.  She wanted chicken noodle soup, but Subway didn't have any.  So, I grabbed us a sandwich, cheetos, water and a "big" cookie and we headed to the River Park. 

We hadn't ever been to that playground so it was exciting for us both.  She wanted to slide right away, but also needed to pee.  She thought she could make it through at least one time down the slide without having to pee, but that was not the case.  So, we ran to the bathroom so she could finish in the potty.  She rarely has accidents like that so I didn't make a big deal about it.  Supermom had an extra pair of panties and shorts.  LOL 

We sat down and ate our food, listening to the birds sing.  I asked her if the birds were singing to her and she said, "to me and you!"  She is so smart!  And did I also mention sweet?  And polite?  I can only hope she stays this way.  I try to make an effort to be all the things I want her to be so that she has a good example to follow.  It is not always easy, and I am NOT always perfect, but I do try.  I want to be the best example I can be for my little angel.  That way she will stay one. 

No comments: