Thursday, March 2, 2006

29 weeks and counting

I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and everything looks good.  I weighed 142, so I am happy about that.  I had to take my diabetes test while I was there, so hopefully that will come back negative.  They said my iron was 11.4 and it is supposed to be between 12 & 16, but the doctor said I should be okay.  That is about all that happened. 

Tomorrow Clint and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas with 2 other couples (Wade & Amy and Jeff & Laurie).  I am soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got the okay from my doctor on Tuesday, even though the cruise line says I'm not supposed to go after 27 weeks.  But, I am still going to go get on the boat since my doctor said it was the perfect time for us to go.  I called all afternoon on Tuesday, but there were no rooms available.  Finally, we got our reservations yesterday after I called 5 times to see if they had any openings.  They did, so we get to go!!!  I was really wanting to go on a cruise last month, but Clint didn't really want to go.  After he found out our friends were going, he changed his mind.  I am glad because we have neither one been on a cruise before or to the Bahamas, so we will get to kill two birds with one stone.  Plus, it will probably be the last time we get away together for a long time. I think we will have a great time.  I am glad we have friends going with us too! 

We made the reservations around noon on our way home from an appointment.  Then before we could leave, we had to get our house ready for an open house we are having on Sunday...plus I had to pack  And, we had to meet Amy at the nail salon to get a pedicure and manicure so our nails will look pretty for the trip (Clint just got a pedicure...no polish...I couldn't talk him into green and orange on his toes...LOL)  So, yesterday was a pretty hectic day.  We left Chattanooga last night around 8:00 headed for Fort Lauderdale.  We arrived at Jeff and Laurie's house today around 4:00.  Then we went to eat Italian....man this has really been the best week!!!  I feel so lucky right now.....

On the way down, I finished the baby blanket and started on a pair of booties.  I was planning on making two pairs of booties...in different colors and styles.  When I got about halfway through the first bootie, I realized I used the wrong color on the pair I was making......what a bummer.  Plus, the yarn I am using is a lot more difficult to work with than what I used on the blanket.  Oh well, I guess everything can't be perfect.  I am anxious to see how the booties turn out because the instructions are a little confusing.  Anyway, I am sure I will have pictures of it all posted next week after we get back from our trip.  I guess that is it for now......I AM GOING ON A CRUISE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: