Sunday, February 26, 2006

Weird Movements

Summer has really been moving A LOT this weekend.  Clint and I went to Atlanta for the weekend and spent most of the time in bed watching movies....and my belly!!!  At this point, my belly has really rounded out.  Most of the time my belly button is highly visible through my clothing.  But, when I lay down it actually sinks in...a little anyway.  My stomach is still very round though.  Back to the belly watching - - it wasn't just her kicking at random.  She was doing some major moving in there, rolling over or something.  My stomach was changing shape quite a bit, and it felt (and looked) so weird.  I think Clint was amazed at all the moving she was doing, and I guess I was too.  Then Clint started feeling my belly and found some hard spots.  At times it was like it was her head or butt, but other times the hardness was only about as wide as a bone or something.  Maybe it was her arm or leg.  It was weird though because even though my stomach is hard and tight a lot, I haven't felt anything like that before.  It was neat to watch her move, and I think we both bonded with her and each other a lot this weekend.  It was good to get away as it will probably be one of the last times we get to do it for a while.  Unless I can sneak in a cruise this weekend (everyone pray a spot opens up on the boat!!!!) or another short getaway before the end of March.  My doc has said he does not want me leaving town after April 1, so if we are going to do anything we need to do it now.  I really wanted to go to Vegas to visit my dad and Clint's family again before we have the baby, but I'm not sure if we will be able to do that or not. 

Oh yeah, we also went to the pool at the hotel this weekend.  I was trying on two different bathing suits...a bikini and a whole piece.  Neither one of them are maternity suits, just some that I had in my drawer.  Anyway, I had on the bikini and Clint said, "You don't even look pregnant.  You just look fat."  I'm not sure what he was thinking, but I don't think his brain was operating at full capacity when he said that.  I  mean how do you say something like that to a pregnant woman?  But, lucky for him, I didn't let it hurt my feelings...I just didn't let him forget he said it for the next day and a half either.  So, of course I put on the one piece, but it didn't look any better.  Clint said he liked the bikini better so I ended up wearing it.  But, I kept myself covered until I was in the pool and made him hand me a towel before I even got out of the pool.  And I want to go to the Bahamas next weekend?  I guess I could get over what I look like in a bathing suit if I was in the Bahamas, right?

All in all, we had a great weekend together.  It was nice getting out of the house for a couple of days and just enjoying our time together.  I got more done on my blanket on the drive there and back, so I should be finishing it up later this week.  I hope so anyway because I want to get started on some booties!!!

No comments: