Sunday, March 19, 2006

No 3D For Us

This past week we went to get a 3D ultrasound so we could get a look at Summer before she comes.  Summer wasn't cooperating, and I guess I waited too long to get the ultrasound done.  They say it is best when you are 28-32 weeks.  I was 31 weeks, and they said her head was too far down in my pelvic area so they wouldn't be able to get any good pictures.  The lady said she would have me reschedule if I were not this far along, but it is not likely that Summer will turn.  She is in position for delivery which kind of scares me.  I thought I was ready until I saw that it looks like she is ready.  Now I am getting worried that I am not ready.  I don't know.  I guess it is a mixture of emotions.  One minute I feel like I'm ready, but the next I'm not.  It is really all up to her now anyway.  Whenever she is ready it will happen and not a moment before.  Clint is ready...at least he says he is.  It is funny because we were in the car one day this week and he was rubbing my belly.  He told me that we don't need a doctor.  He said he can deliver her himself.  That was really funny to me. I was like, "What if I rip?"  He said that our friend Amy would be there to sew me up.  Anyway, I got a kick out of that.  You never know though.  He might have jinxed himself and might actually end up delivering the baby if she decides to make a quick exit....now that is scary!!!! 

I really want to get the baby's room set up.  We have decided to set it up in the loft outside of Amanda's room.  I think it will work there.  The baby doesn't really need walls, right?  Hopefully, our house will sell soon, and we can move to a place where she will have a real room.  I'm sure she will be in our room for the first month or two anyway.  I started washing some baby things this week so I will be ready for her when she gets here...at least I hope.  Clint and I went to two consignment sales last week and got a lot of things for the baby.  I think I went crazy on clothes because they were so cheap.  Especially 3-6months...I don't know what I was thinking.  Baby clothes are just so cute, and when you are getting them for $.50-$2.00, they are really hard to pass up.  We got a different furniture set and took the one we had bought up to the sale and sold it.  We also got a jogging stroller/travel system.  I bought a few toys and other things....I didn't go too crazy.  Everyone keeps telling me that if I keep buying stuff there will be nothing left for anyone to get me for my showers.  But, there is plenty of stuff on the registry that I do not have and will need.  My first shower is on Saturday.  I am trying to talk Clint into going with me.......

No comments: