Monday, March 27, 2006

My First Shower






My aunt's Sandra and Melody threw me a baby shower on Saturday. It was a lot of fun, and I got so many things...more than I expected. We had a yummy carrot cake with cream cheese icing and lots of other food. I will go ahead and list the people who came so I don't forget.


Sandra, Melody, Granny, Alex, Tyler, Selena, Willow, Teresa, Gertha, Jimmie Sue, Tisa, Cathy, Renee (3 of my aunt's friends), Lolita, Dede, and Betty


Here are some of the things I got. A rocker/glider which Clint put together yesterday minus one lock washer (which he was really upset about). A Dr. Suess book which has 13 of his books in it. It is really cool. A baby monitor, lots of blankets, towels, washcloth, 2 diaper bags, a doll rattle (so cute...just like Willow's but with blond hair), two stuffed animals, clothes, mobile, diapers, wipes, Johnny jump up, baby carrier, thermometer, nursing pads, nipple cream...and much more.


Right now it is all in my living room floor. I am trying to get organized so I'll be ready when the baby gets here. I have a feeling it will take me all week to get it put up. I am not in a big hurry though. I want to take my time so I can get it all put where I want it without being stressed out.


At the shower, we played a game where everyone tears off the amount of toilet paper they think it will take to reach around my belly. Two people tied with exactly the right amount. One of my cousins, Alex I think, and my aunt's friend Cathy. One other interesting thing that happened is a candle on the table caught the flowers on fire!!! Good thing my Aunt Melody caught it before we started opening the presents! Anyways, I have already got my Thank You cards really to put in the mail box tomorrow....YEAH!!!


The pics are of 1. Me and Granny 2. Sandra, Me, Melody and Granny 3. Tyler, Me and Alex (my cousins) 4. The food table 5. The cake

No comments: