Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Out and about

Today's drop off at preschool was not much better than the last. Actually, it was worse. Although she had no tears, she did cling to me with the saddest look on her face and would not let me go. I literally had to peel her off of me several times. She has had a slight cough the past day or so, and she told me this morning that she might be too sick to go to school. Well, it is picture day so not going was not really an option. Plus, she feels fine enough to play with me and go and do whatever fun things we think of to do. I guess I can't blame her for not wanting to go to school when we have loads more fun together.

Yesterday, Summer and I did a lot of running around. We went shopping for some things for Lexie. Then we came home and had a nice lunch on the balcony. However, she was not really fond of the turkey burgers I grilled so she mostly ate tomatoes and a few chips and grapes. I think she did manage to take 4 bites of it. Three at once because I told her that was how many more I wanted her to take before she could be done. I didn't even realize she took them all at once until I saw her struggling to chew it up for the next 3 or 4 minutes. It was at that point she informed me she didn't really like it. She did manage to get it down with the help of some water. She followed it with 3 grapes at once which seemed much more easy to get down.

After lunch, she asked me when we were going to go stay on the boat that is a hotel. It is actually right across the river from where we live so we get to look at it every day. I'm not really fond of its location, but there is nothing I can do about it. So, on a whim, we hopped on my bicycle and headed to take a look at the hotel/boat. Summer had a great time walking all over the boat and checking it out. After we had been to all three decks, we headed back to the entrance to swing. She insisted on pushing me and would not let me help with my feet when she was swinging too. Rather, she hopped off and got us going again. The swing was wooden and heavy and I thought she was going to get hurt a few times, but she managed to avoid that. On the way home we came across some sprinklers watering the grass at the park. We decided it would be fun to drive through them when they sprayed the sidewalk we were on. Over and over, we turned around and did it again, screaming with joy as we road through the water.

After we got home, we cuddled up together and watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. She still loves that movie and says we have to watch it one more time before we send it back. We munched on kettle popcorn while we watched it. It was interesting to hear her reactions to the different scenes in the movie. When she started crawling all over me, we paused the movie for dinner. After that we headed out for a walk in the art district. She really enjoyed being the leader. We were both exhausted when we got back and headed pretty much straight to bed. Days like that one are probably one reason she has a hard time going to school. Fun, fun, fun with her favorite person in the whole world. Me. And, yes I can say that is a fact for sure. I know my mom is a close second, but I'm pretty sure I'm at the top. I hope I can say that in 10 years, but it is probably not highly likely. At least I'll be able to look back one day at this blog and remember.......

On Saturday we had a canoe adventure with Memaw and Nanny. The kids had fun. We raced the two canoes which was Summer's idea. Of course, she wasn't paddling. After lunch, we fished and Summer was the official cricket getter. She was busy because the fish were really biting. Well, I could go on and on and on, but I'll stop here. I've got to get back to school and pick her up so we can have yet another adventure: Nanny McPhee Returns. Now playing in a theater near you!


Susie said...

She is really growing up. Glad she is getting to enjoy life.

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless