Monday, March 5, 2007

My dilemma: two homes

Summer's fever is finally gone...I think.  She has not had one since she got up yesterday, so I am thankful for that.  That being said, we did not go to the doctor today.  She is still "clingy," but she seems to be feeling fine.  I talked to my friend Alicia today, and she said Lili has started the clingy thing too now.  I know it is just a phase, but it is a phase I am ready to be out of. 

There is a diaper derby in two weeks at a kids expo.  Alicia, Kelly and I are entering our girls in it in hopes that one of us will have the fastest crawling baby.  We are going to practice on Wednesday night when we all get together at Alicia's house.  It should be interesting.

Okay, so this post is kind of about me and my "problem."  If you can call living out of two houses a problem, and I think you can.  Because first of all, I never have enough clothes at the condo.  I am always wear clothes back to my house which leaves me with slim pickings here (yes I am downtown and it is a weekday).  This seems to keep happening and it is starting to get on my nerves.  Like today, I have four shirts to choose from...make that three, I got one dirty already.  One is an old t-shirt, one is a tank top, and the other is a pink top.  I really want to wear the pink top, but I keep thinking, "If I wear it now, I won't have it to wear the next time I am here."  Okay, so this is probably a lame thing to complain about, but I have nothing better to do right now...I am waiting for Summer to get up from her nap.  I know all I have to do is pack up more clothes and bring them down here, but that is also becoming a pain in the butt--loading and unloading the car every time I come down here.  It used to just be on the weekends, so it wasn't that bad, but now it seems like I am down here a couple of times during the week too. 

Also, there is a food/milk dilemma.  Trying to keep two houses stocked with food is not my idea of fun, but I have to do that too.  Then there is also laundry at both houses.  Oh yeah, the floors need to be cleaned at both places too.  I could go on, but I won't.  My princess is up and I must go to her! 

No comments: