Tuesday, December 5, 2006

TEETHING

I guess now that Summer has a tooth she is definitely "teething".  For the past few months I have heard the question "Is she teething?" many times.  My answer was always "I don't know."  I'm not sure how long it usually takes between teeth, but I'm not really anxious for another one.  Now I have to make sure to brush her tooth everyday...I guess???  I'm not really sure about that one and I am too lazy to look it up on the Internet so I'll just go with that until I go back to the pediatrician.  The good thing is she likes the toothbrush.  Of course she pretty much likes anything you (or she) puts in her mouth so that's not a big surprise.  It seems like she is trying to chew on things in the back of her mouth so I wonder if she is cutting a molar.  I guess I will just have to wait and see.  She was a little irritable tonight which I'm not sure if it was due to teething or just being tired.  I left the teething tablets with my sister, so I ended up giving her some Tylenol. 

Today she discovered the Christmas tree.  A couple of days ago she discovered the presents, but never actually touched the tree.  Today she grabbed a few limbs and tried to put them in her mouth.  Then she realized the presents were much more fun because they are wrapped in paper which she absolutely loves to chew on.  She got the tag off of one present, but I got it before she chewed it up or swallowed any.  I guess I am going to have to keep a close eye on her now that she knows what good stuff is waiting for her under the tree...if she only knew.  I can't wait until Christmas even though I know it won't be as great as next year or the years to come.  This year it will be all about the paper and boxes.

Yesterday we went to a playdate with 4 other babies - two girls and two boys.  We have had playdates with Lili before, but this time some others came to join us.  The boys, Ashton and Aiden, are twins and are about 2 months younger than Summer.  Kately is about 2 weeks younger than Summer.  They had a pretty good time together.  Summer was tired when we got there because she missed her afternoon nap, but she was pretty good despite being tired.  Needless to say she fell asleep in the car and went straight to bed when got home. 

Saturday we took Summer to her first parade.  It was the downtown Christmas parade.  It was cool outside, but not as cold as I thought it was going to be.  Nonetheless, I still had Summer bundled up so she would stay warm.  We didn't stay for the whole thing because it was really long and she wasn't getting very much out of it.  So we went back to the condo and ate leftovers from the Christmas lunch we had earlier that day and put her to bed. 

That's about it.  Enjoy they pics.  I wish I could get more pics of her tooth, but she only shows it off when the camera is not in my reach...hummmmmmmmm

No comments: