Thursday, December 14, 2006

She likes chicken fingers!

Last night we went out to Outback to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Summer was being a good girl and playing with the other little girl in our party (she's 8).  When no one was looking, Summer swiped a chicken finger off of her plate and started eating it.  I was surprised when I turned to look at her and there she was chicken finger in mouth!!!  She didn't eat very much, but she did enjoy what she did eat.  It was her first meat, and I guess her way of telling me she's want meat!  Lucky me had the camera on hand, so I got lots of pictures of it. 

She has also started using a sippy cup.  She is doing pretty good and I don't think we will have a problem going from the bottle, which she only gets juice in, to the sippy cup.  Summer has never been really picky about where her food comes from.  She will take any nipple on any bottle and drink from pretty much anything you want (or don't) her to. 

One of my neighbors brought Summer a Christmas present over today, so I let her go ahead and open it.  She really liked the wrapping paper, but she did not eat any of it today.  She just chewed on it a little and then got distracted by something else.  She liked the toy too...a panda bear...it makes noise when you move the head, arms and legs and the paws have beads in them so they rattle.  It was really nice of the neighbor to think of her (Thanks Beverly!).  When the weather was warmer, we used to go see her often, but now that it has gotten cooler we don't get to see her and Bill that often.  I'm sure next spring we will get to see them more.  I miss our walks down the street and stopping at their house to talk.  Just a few more months...or maybe even sooner.  It is supposed to be in the 70's this weekend and the beginning of next week so maybe we'll get to go for a walk then.  It's crazy to think that it is the middle of December and it is this warm!  Global warming.....

She finally got the present she started opening on Monday opened yesterday.  It only took her two days....opening presents may take a while this Christmas...LOL.  Anyways, I need to go get finished packing for the weekend. 

No comments: