Saturday, July 1, 2006

A Night Out

Last night my mom and Tre kept Summer so Clint and I could go out.  This was her second over night stay with them.  I dropped her off around 4:30 and headed home to get ready for the evening.  After I was dressed and ready, I got a few things done around the house while I waited on Clint to get off of work.  We went and had a nice dinner at Bonefish Grille and then went to Electric Cowboy for drinks and dancing.  I had a great time.  It was nice to have some time alone with my husband and to be able to just relax and have fun.  I couldn't get him to dance with me at first because he was feeling "shy."  I guess being the designated driver, you can't have enough drinks to lose your inhibitions.  But, I was ready to dance.  He was fine with slow dancing with me, but he wouldn't go out with me on the upbeat songs.  Finally, on our way out I got what I wanted.  We went out to the dance floor for a slow song and then four upbeat songs in a row came on and I coaxed him into staying out there (it didn't take much coaxing-I think the excitement on my face did it).  Two of the songs are my favorite songs, so I was so excited when they came on (Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard and I Love Rock-N-Roll by Joan Jett).  We danced together and I really let go.  It was a great way to end the night.  The night out was definitely just what we needed, and I am very thankful that my mom and Tre watched our little girl for us.  Clint and I ran into my Aunt Pam and Uncle Jim a few weeks ago at Riverbend, and their advice was to have a date night once a week to keep our relationship strong.  I will have to say that I agree with them because it is easy to lose focus on your relationship when you a have a little one who takes up most of your time.  I want to keep a strong relationship with Clint, so I plan on making sure we have a date night at least every other week.  I hope my friends and family don't get tired of watching Summer for us.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s great that you guys had a chance to go out. I am sure your family will not get tired of watching that adorable little girl.  Paul and I went out last night too, but just to dinner. She is still too little to be left for the entire evening, but soon I want to go dancing also!