Wednesday, July 5, 2006

She Rolled Over!!!

Yesterday Summer and I were on my bed waiting for Clint to get off of work.  She was on her belly, and I was talking to her.  Then I started to notice her almost getting to her side so I called Clint and told him she was fixing to roll over so he could come and see her.  Well, right after I said it, she did it.  It was such an exciting moment for me.  She is growing more and more every day.  Last night she slept all night.  She went to be around 10:00 p.m. and didn't get up until 6:30 a.m.  I can't believe she reached two milestones in one day.  She really amazes every day.  Her smiles just make me want kiss her and love her forever...and I'm sure I will.

Tonight I had to go to school, and she was good for Clint.  I talked to him a couple of times and she wasn't crying when he picked up the phone.  I am so happy about this because she has been fussy for him the last few times he kept her.  Last night she was very fussy!!!  We went over to a friend's house for a cook out and she cried almost the whole time we were there.  We finally had to leave and didn't get to watch the fireworks.  Oh well, I saw some from my back porch...and there were some on TV too.  I am trying to get her on a schedule at night...at least somewhat.  I give her a bath every other night around 7:30 or 8:00.  Then we give her a bottle somewhere between 8:30 and 10:00 and then put her to bed.  I usually let Clint feed her the bottle because I think it is good for them to get that bonding time, but I fed her tonight since he is still working.  She does pretty good falling asleep and doesn't really cry or fuss or need her pacifier.  I am going to try to start putting her down for a nap around the same time everyday if I am home.  This is going to be hard because sometimes we run around during the day, but I'm sure she will just sleep in her car seat anyway.  My goal is to start putting her down for her nap in her room so she can start getting used to her crib.  She is still sleeping in the bassinet in our bedroom which I will probably continue until I am sure she is really starting to sleep through the night....if you can ever be sure of that. 

Well, I guess that is about it.  Clint should be getting off soon so I am going to go get ready to spend some time with him. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Summer!!

Anonymous said...

Question for you from another new mommy (my baby was born July 5) - I know from reading your J that you were breast feeding - are you still and how did that go for you?
I am having some trouble with it, and was wondering if you could offer any advice :)

~Danielle
danielled1@aol.com